PDA

View Full Version : Jumped Ship

Chas
12-28-2001, 05:23 AM
O.k I think i understand, why this Group has been formed, so being a bit of a rebel myself ;) ..... i have decided to join the Free DC team, before the Team stats get organised into tables and such

IronBits
12-28-2001, 05:30 AM
Welcome aboard! I hope you like your new home :)

badsac
12-28-2001, 06:04 AM
Hey! Good stuff Chas. I'm really glad you've come over. :D

I've decided I'm definitely leaving my units here and truth be told, I think anyone doing D2OL over at Ars should instead come crunch for this team.

Why?

Well, reading zAmbonis first post in this thread at Ars (http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=122097561&m=1950913833) I found myself understanding fully what he was saying about his interest fading in DC. There are to many little DC teasm over there, and it seems to have wrecked the spirit of the place. To many teams sticking to their own thread. And never seeing posts from some people unless you go lurking in their teams threads is a real downer for me, and totally different to what the forums were like when I joined at the end of 2000.

I think for the good of Ars DC, everyone over at Ars who wants to be involved with D2OL should come join this team and let the team over there die. They need (shudder) to get more back to a model like what made [H] successful the past year where they did few projects and did them well. Only problem is, I'm to SCARED to bring that suggestion up over there. I'd get drawn and quartered. :eek:

I'll still do some Seti for Ars, but as for my participation in other projects, this is where my units will go from now on (unless of course the whole place just tanks :p )

Chas
12-28-2001, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by badsac
Hey! Good stuff Chas. I'm really glad you've come over. :D

I've decided I'm definitely leaving my units here and truth be told, I think anyone doing D2OL over at Ars should instead come crunch for this team.

Why?

Well, reading zAmbonis first post in this thread at Ars (http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=122097561&m=1950913833) I found myself understanding fully what he was saying about his interest fading in DC. There are to many little DC teasm over there, and it seems to have wrecked the spirit of the place. To many teams sticking to their own thread. And never seeing posts from some people unless you go lurking in their teams threads is a real downer for me, and totally different to what the forums were like when I joined at the end of 2000.

I think for the good of Ars DC, everyone over at Ars who wants to be involved with D2OL should come join this team and let the team over there die. They need (shudder) to get more back to a model like what made [H] successful the past year where they did few projects and did them well. Only problem is, I'm to SCARED to bring that suggestion up over there. I'd get drawn and quartered. :eek:

I'll still do some Seti for Ars, but as for my participation in other projects, this is where my units will go from now on (unless of course the whole place just tanks :p )

Thanks mate, I agree with you, there seems to be a lot of rivalry between the many Ars teams, but i too will still be in the Seti team for Ars i just lurve the stats Zamboni does......

badsac
12-28-2001, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Chas

Thanks mate, I agree with you, there seems to be a lot of rivalry between the many Ars teams, but i too will still be in the Seti team for Ars i just lurve the stats Zamboni does......

It would be a sad day if zAm decided he couldn't be bothered doing the Seti stats. So I'll try to help him nver come to that decision.

I'm going to voice the thoughts of my above post in the TFY thread. This might get ugly (although I don't think people actually care that much). Anyway, wish me luck. :D

IronBits
12-28-2001, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the support guys, but we would really appreciate it if you didn't go to other teams and start recruiting.

This is not what we are about, and it is not good manners. :(

relic
12-28-2001, 05:26 PM
Good advice there IronBits.
Believe me, everyone is getting the word that you guys are here. Those interested can find their way. No need to get a bad name by "recruiting" in other fora.

badsac
12-28-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Thanks for the support guys, but we would really appreciate it if you didn't go to other teams and start recruiting.

This is not what we are about, and it is not good manners. :(

Since I know you read my post in the TFY thread over at Ars, I know you know that wasn't what I did. I stated why I came over here and wanted to know what the others thought about my logic. Nowhere did I say, "YOU ALL MUST COME OVER TO FREEDC!". :rolleyes:

oldbiker
12-29-2001, 04:25 PM
Gosh, badsac...

I applaud your freedom of choice to move to this community, but your stated reasons don't seem to hold water...

Free-DC already has at least 7 teams that I can see so far, and nine separate forums for DC projects, as well as 6 general forums.

It makes it easier here for people to only read the forum relating to their own DC interests, and never have to even see the thread titles in the other forums.

And stating publicly here that you think all Ars D2OL team members should move to this new team is recruiting in a big way!

OldBiker dude -
watching this new thing evolve before making any decisions

badsac
01-02-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by oldbiker

I applaud your freedom of choice to move to this community, but your stated reasons don't seem to hold water...

Free-DC already has at least 7 teams that I can see so far, and nine separate forums for DC projects, as well as 6 general forums.

It makes it easier here for people to only read the forum relating to their own DC interests, and never have to even see the thread titles in the other forums.

This place will build up it's own feel and culture. The organisation of the forum will have a bearing on how these things will evolve. Not for good or bad. Just the way it is. Ars on the other hand has moved away from the way it used to be, which to me was one big happy family in the one forum. Now it's a bunch of little splinter groups. That in itself is not a bad thing. It's the change itself which is what I don't like. This is the way I see it. Many will disagree. And thats fine.

Originally posted by oldbiker

And stating publicly here that you think all Ars D2OL team members should move to this new team is recruiting in a big way!

No it's not. I'm not arrogant enough to think that anything I say is going to change peoples opinions in any way. I'm just stating my opinion which, as you say, is my right.

Anyway, how is posting something here going to recruit people from other forums? I could state here that I think everyone from [H] should quit everything there doing over there and come join our D2OL team. Somehow I don't think I would get much of a response other than perhaps a bit of banter.