PDA

View Full Version : Resolution

Daza
03-22-2002, 09:07 PM
How do i change the resolution that the screen saver runs at after i have already installed it?? i made the wrong setting and it is really ugly thanks

Daza
03-22-2002, 09:54 PM
im currently only running distrubitedd folding on my internet server at home (1 ghz amd), i have 2 other computers on my home lan at the moment, a cyrix 200 and an amd 1.2ghz laptop, i want to run the distrubited folding through these machines as well on my username, how would i do this?

thanks for putting up with a noob

Dyyryath
03-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Hey, Daza, good to see ya around. I'm afraid I don't have the answers to your questions since I've never tried the screensaver version of the client.

However...if no one else chimes in with an answer, I'll look into it and get back to you!

Daza
03-23-2002, 02:07 AM
all you do i push the settings button in the screen savers tag of the display propeties..... is there a differnt version thats not screen saver based :confused: if there was a version that just used your slack capicity whenever then i would definatly get it

pointwood
03-23-2002, 08:55 AM
There is. Just go to the project website and download the other windows version.

It generates cool ascii graphics ;)

Have a look at our (Team Stir Fry - I'm not a Free-DC guy) getting started guide here: http://tsf.dbestern.net/gettingstarted.php

It's really easy :)

If something in the guide is not clear or is confusing, please tell me so I can make it better!

Daza
03-23-2002, 07:04 PM
the text version is way quicker then th other one, at least 3 times i rekon

MAD-ness
03-27-2002, 08:12 PM
If you are running a version of Windows NT, you can set the client up to run as a service, which in my experience is REALLY nice. It automatically launches at start up, automatically closes at shutdown or reboot, it automatically updates and caches files when needed, and by default it only takes the system resources that are 'idle.'