PDA

View Full Version : Communist China hits back at US stance on chip technology

Moogie
10-12-2003, 02:03 PM
<table width="90%" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" bordercolor="#63635A" bgcolor="#E7E7E2" align="center"><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; font-style: italic;">By Mike Magee: Sunday 12 October 2003, 12:17<br><br>A REPORT IN the People's Daily claims the US is being paranoid about China's push into semiconductor technology, and is "falsely claiming" that chip technology will be used to raise its military strength.<br></td></tr></table><br><br>Here's a couple of points to ponder:<br><br><b>Point #1:</b> Communist dictatorships have *always* used industrial espionage/theft to get the technology they think they need.<br><br><b>Point #2:</b> They have always trumpeted their "brilliant scientists and dedicated workers" as the source of said advances.<br><br><b>Point #3:</b> They do #1 and #2 so well that they come to believe their own propaganda.<br> <br>In addition, they lie to themselves about what their economy is really doing. The Russians did that so well, that when they tried to bring their Armed Forces up to NATO standards of efficiency, the effort bankrupted them, rusulting in the collapse of the Soviet Union.<br> <br>The PRC is currently attempting the same thing the USSR tried. I predict the same kind of melt-down, although I cannot predict the consequences of that meltdown at this time.<br><br>Here's the <a href="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12055"><b> link</b></a> to the full story.<br><br><br><br>

Fozzie
10-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Point #1: Western so called democratic dictatorships have *always* used industrial espionage/theft to get the technology they think they need.

Point #2: They have always trumpeted their "brilliant scientists and dedicated workers" as the source of said advances.

Point #3: They do #1 and #2 so well that they come to believe their own propaganda.

In addition, they lie to themselves about what their economy is really doing. They do that so well, that when they keep trying so hard to prove how good their armed forces are they bankrupt themselves, or would do if the banks/countries they owe so much money too could afford to default them. Might even be a good idea to vote in an actor to help clean up their debts.

Mr. McGee safely trowing stones from the safety of his glass house.

GHOST
10-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Fozzie!, you commie Brit! :sniper:

Your friend is 100% right. Reading the article I did not remember we do the same thing, thanks for reminding me.:tempted: ;)

Richard Clyne
10-13-2003, 11:24 AM
/me stands on his soapbox and shouts

"The world would be a far better place without politicians and religion"

/me gets off his soapbox.

Beyond
10-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Richard Clyne
/me stands on his soapbox and shouts

"The world would be a far better place without politicians and religion"

/me gets off his soapbox.

Amen ...brother :D