PDA

View Full Version : n00b question(s)

bwkaz
03-23-2002, 08:31 AM
OK, I signed up last night at distributedfolding.org, and told them I was on you people's team. So it'd probably be good to visit the site, huh? ;)

Anyway, do you have a sort of intermediary server that generates team stats (back a looooong time ago when I cracked RC5 for SysOpt, they had one that updated hourly rather than daily, or something, do you do the same)? If so, how would I get it to dump to your server? Or do you just use the stats on distributedfolding.org?

Second, hello to FoBoT and KnotAcLue from linuxnewbie, and anyone else I don't recognize but that visits there.

BTW FoBoT, it was your thread back there in G:OT that got me doing this project. Thanks!

pointwood
03-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Geez - who told you to join these freebies :p

Seriously, you should be able to find some stats if you go to the free-dc frontpage and go to the Distributed Folding part of this website.

I can't quite remember what stats are linked to from there, but otherwise you can find some stats links on our (Team Stir Fry) website, right here: http://tsf.dbestern.net

bwkaz
03-23-2002, 10:28 AM
OK, I found some team stats on the free-dc site, so it looks like I'm all set. Thanks!

Dyyryath
03-23-2002, 12:55 PM
If you didn't notice the link on the team stats page, these stats (http://www.zerothelement.com/fdc-stats/distfold/index-1.shtml) are the most comprehensive ones we have at the moment.

Currently, I'm hosting them from my network (hence the different look), but I'll probably move them up to the Free-DC server eventually. I'm also about to setup some team vs team stats pages as well.

Welcome to the team! If you haven't already, make sure you drop by the IRC channel and say hi!

Daza
03-23-2002, 06:46 PM
That stats page is awesome, well done. wish i didnt turn my damn computer off last nite though

FoBoT
03-23-2002, 06:59 PM
bwkaz!

hi, and welcome to you and the other :cool: dudez :cool: from LNO! :)

there are plenty of distributed computing hardcore experts here to help out ;)