PDA

View Full Version : Lifemapper Here I come (Maybe)

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-13-2003, 06:06 PM
I've Joined now all I have to do is get it to cache the thing refuses to acknowledge my e-mail address as valid dispite the fact it is registered with the Lifemapper DB :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

alpha
10-14-2003, 01:05 AM
My only complaint about this project is the huge bandwidth requirements. Each WU seems to be around 500kb, and take like 10 minutes to complete on a fairly high end machine. Even if you have a cache of 10 WUs, it will be empty in under two hours, then you have to refill the cache (10x500kb) all over again!

Edit: and the stats only update twice per day :(

Darkness Productions
10-14-2003, 03:58 PM
The upload of the units isn't 500k, or at least, it doesn't seem to be. As to the stats, I'm working on something now. I'll let you know when/if they're ready.

edorajh
10-14-2003, 04:47 PM
gopher_yarrowzoo, you should send feedback to LM team. They are very responsive and will surelly resolve your problem.

Here what I find on their site:

NOTE: if you are a registered Lifemapper and your password or email have been rejected, please contact Lifemapper support for assistance at lifemapper@ku.edu. You can also use our feedback form.

You can find their feedback form here:
http://www.lifemapper.org/lm-apps/Feedback/Webform1.aspx

Happy Lifemapping! :thumbs:

alpha
10-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
The upload of the units isn't 500k, or at least, it doesn't seem to be. As to the stats, I'm working on something now. I'll let you know when/if they're ready.

I didn't even mention the upload size. It seems to be around 10kb.