PDA

View Full Version : External Viewer?

magnav0x
11-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Are there any plans for an external view to view islands? Sure would be nice to be able to view my island on my linux box (no monitor) with my main PC.

magnav0x
11-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Could I at least get a 'no!'? Sure would be nicer than no reply what so ever

Stephen_B
11-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Other than running an xserver on the windows box (or perhaps using vpn), I don't know how.

If you have apache running on the linux box, you might be able to grab the output to the console, parse it, and serve it up as a web page.

Hmm, that would be a fun mini-project ...

Stephen_B
11-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Whoops, I may have misunderstood your question ... I was assuming that your main box was Windows. What is your main box, and how do you normally launch the program on the linux box?

magnav0x
11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Main box is windows....SSH into linux box and use nohep to start it.

michaelgarvie
11-10-2003, 11:06 AM
This applies to everyone, what would you like to see about your island?

a. Fitness Graphs?
b. Circuit diagrams for each member of the population?
c. A plot with all individuals in it changing through time with some sort of thumbnail view of the circuit?
d. A plot of the history of individuals, their genealogy, and where they came from if they're migrants?
e. A world map showing where all islands are and which are connected to which in the island topology? And how fit their populations are?
f. A facility to save individuals, edit them and then send them to other islands?
g. Facility to chat with neighbouring island owners?
h. Graph of your computing effort rate and how you're doing in stats?

michaelgarvie
11-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Magnavox,
You'll need X-Windows on your Linux box and then log in using a windows X-Windows client, or something like VNC.
Miguel