PDA

View Full Version : PCZ's discovery confirms US - Distributed Chess Brain ambitions!

Moogie
11-08-2003, 12:39 PM
In this <a href="http://www.us-distributed.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ADC;action=display;num=1067871320">link </a> to the US-D forum, their intentions on our <b>#1 spot</b> in Chess Brain are made clear. <br><br>This confirms what we have been seeing in their daily output, which is currently double ours! We either react soon or settle for second place. This would also widen their lead on us in the over all stats as well.<br><br>Chess Brain can be run with your current favorite flavor of DC project. Check out our Chess Brain <a href="http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46">forum</a> for more information.<br><br><i>(submitted by cygnussphere)</i><br>

cygnussphere
11-08-2003, 01:18 PM
this link should take you right to the thread (http://www.us-distributed.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ADC;action=display;num=1067871320)

:tempted:

:evil:

:cheers:

Moogie
11-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Link fixed. You can now get there directly. Thanks cyg!!

:thumbs:

FoBoT
11-08-2003, 03:25 PM
are the stats working? i added several boxes last week but the stats didn't seem to be working, i don't know how much they are helping

n/m i see i am RED now, doing what i can!

Moogie
11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all of the help folks!

It's nice to see everyone come together like this. :cheers:

magnav0x
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
I encourage you to use the mirror of my stats that IronBits has hosted for me at http://stats.dbestern.net/chessbrain/allteams.php?start=0&limit=100 My main server had some trouble over the past week, so the information is not accurate.

Moogie
11-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks for letting everyone know mags. Hope you get the problems sorted out soon!

:thumbs:

FoBoT
11-08-2003, 03:54 PM
i keep forgetting CB works on ooooold sloooooow boxen, i have 7 PII-266/Celeron 300 Mhz boxen that i quit running DC on, but CB will work fine, i'll add those next week as well

Moogie
11-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by FoBoT
i keep forgetting CB works on ooooold sloooooow boxen, i have 7 PII-266/Celeron 300 Mhz boxen that i quit running DC on, but CB will work fine, i'll add those next week as well

w00t!!!!!!!!!

Every little bit helps!

IronBits
11-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Chessbrain will not run on my pxe nodes :cry:
something about a missing 'shared library' or something.
But, I'm loaded for bear with my many other boxen :p ;)

Moogie
11-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Chessbrain will not run on my pxe nodes :cry:
something about a missing 'shared library' or something.
But, I'm loaded for bear with my many other boxen :p ;)

Sorry to hear that IB, but glad you have a bunch of other boxen running it.

willy1
11-08-2003, 06:40 PM
ChessBrain seems to be almost the perfect accessory DC project. It is peacefully co-existing with CPDN, Lifemapper, GIMPS and SoB, and doesn't seem to affect any of them to a great degree.

It runs at 'Normal' priority on Windows2000 PCs which is higher than most DC projects, so when it needs to do some crunching for a few moments, it gets the CPU time it needs. The work assignments only seem to take 10 seconds or so on a reasonably fast PC.

Moogie
11-08-2003, 06:46 PM
My only concern would be how much it would slow my production for df. I think I read about 10-20%? I don't have that much power, so I don't want to slow down what I have.

What's your take?

Fritz
11-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Folks,

Great job in Chessbrain and Lifemapper ! We may or may not be able to catch you, but its fun to try. Good luck in ramping up your production and drop by our Forum
anytime !

Best Regards,

Fritz

US-Distributed

Moogie
11-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Fritz
Folks,

Great job in Chessbrain and Lifemapper ! We may or may not be able to catch you, but its fun to try. Good luck in ramping up your production and drop by our Forum
anytime !

Best Regards,

Fritz

US-Distributed

Thanks Fritz! Same to you. You and your folks are always welcom here. Looks like it's going to be an interesting race.

See ya at the finish line!

Fritz
11-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Moogie,

That's the problem with this stuff...there is NO finish line ! We just run out of
power and money ;)

Fritz:)

Moogie
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Moogie,

That's the problem with this stuff...there is NO finish line ! We just run out of
power and money ;)

Fritz:)

True that! But it's fun while it's happening yes?

I trust you'll still visit when we maintain our positions? With you directly behind us of course? :D :p ;)

cygnussphere
11-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Folks,

anytime !

Best Regards,

Fritz

US-Distributed

Oh man:bang:

A nice friendly post in the spirit of compitition....

Now how can we sic A99 on them in their forum now? :whistle:

You guys may be chasing us in CB but we are chasing US-Distributed in the over all standings...

There is some serious fire power on your team...:notworthy

Heres to the chase:drink:

Fritz
11-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Moogie,

What ever happens, we're both advancing the concept of DC by increasing our output...and that has to be good for the economy as well as providing us a little entertainment along the way. That's good !

Our goal is just to be as good as we can in the various categories...not to pass anybody in particular, just to see what we can do and what works best, and to help each other doing it. Thats what makes it fun.

Again, best of luck in CB, LM and everywhere else.

Fritz :)

magnav0x
11-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Just installed Gentoo Linux on my xbox just so we could have another chessbrain node. How's that for digging down deep? :D

IronBits
11-08-2003, 11:10 PM
:rotfl: :thumbs:

Moogie
11-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Moogie,

What ever happens, we're both advancing the concept of DC by increasing our output...and that has to be good for the economy as well as providing us a little entertainment along the way. That's good !

Our goal is just to be as good as we can in the various categories...not to pass anybody in particular, just to see what we can do and what works best, and to help each other doing it. Thats what makes it fun.

Again, best of luck in CB, LM and everywhere else.

Fritz :)

In that you and I agree 100%. The science is increasing while we are having fun yes? What more could you want?

Happy crunching!

FoBoT
11-09-2003, 01:42 AM
:drums:

cygnussphere
11-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x
Just installed Gentoo Linux on my xbox just so we could have another chessbrain node. How's that for digging down deep? :D

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy