PDA

View Full Version : FoBoT changing team info???

rsbriggs
11-09-2003, 05:30 AM
Well, THIS is interesting: Anyone have any idea how I reclaim my email address from the evil FoBoT ? Or why our account suddenly became 21 months old?

Team leader : FoBoT
Contact e-mail : rsbriggs@mailblocks.com
Receive e-mail : YES
Last activity : 09 Nov 2003 09:29 UTC
Account created: 06 Feb 2002 22:46 UTC

IronBits
11-09-2003, 06:39 AM
Prolly had to do with this http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?&postid=44117#post44117
They must have added FoBoT's previous work to our team as he asked.
Now they need to fix whatever it was they did to mess ya up :p

rsbriggs
11-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Looks like they "done it wrong". They don't appear to have moved over his stats, just made him the team lead.

Doesn't GIMPS work done stay with the team that you did it for ?

heretic
11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
It usually takes a bit of time to move data across from one account to another. It also depends on how much else he, George, has to do at the moment.

The P90/hrs stats for the account is worked out as an average of the oldest member of the account.

If there is any problem with exponents, assignments, credit etc, then post a message at the mersenne BBS. George usually follows that quite closely.

As long as you are not a member of a team it is easy to move an account. I believe, on the other hand, that moving credit for a member of a team is a lot more involved. Merging teams is easy AFAIK (I just merged my team into TPR last weekend).

heretic

magnav0x
11-09-2003, 05:05 PM
rsbriggs, it seems the oldest member is given team leader fights I pressume.

FoBoT
11-09-2003, 06:44 PM
:confused:

did something get messed up?

i tried to email the guy like was suggested in another thread to get my old work moved, perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

i am not sure what i was supposed to tell him, sorry :o

i didn't mean to mess anything up

how do we fix it? i just wanted to get onto the new team :cry:

i don't want to be the leader or anything , here is what was posted in the other thread

Beyond said:

You will need to e-mail George Woltman to make the changes FoBoT -----> woltman@alum.mit.edu

so i sent an email to that guy

Subject: Question about what team I am on in GIMPS/Prime95

I first created what I thought was an individual account for this DC project over a year ago. The team I am with , FreeDC, has now created a "team"

It seems that I can't get my account as FoBoT to run under the team "FreeDC" ?

Maybe I don't understand how this works.

Is my userID "FoBoT" or "FreeDC" ?

Is there a way I can put my work under userID = FoBoT to the team FreeDC ? Perhaps I am all mixed up.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kevin Lim -> FoBoT

i was just trying to get my old account "FoBoT" moved to the new team "FreeDC" :bonk:

FoBoT
11-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by rsbriggs

Doesn't GIMPS work done stay with the team that you did it for ?

i wasn't on a team at the time, my 'Team' was "FoBoT" because it said "UserID" , to me a "UserID" was me, not a team , so i guess i inadvertently created a 'Team' "FoBoT" when what i wanted to do was just create an account.

at the time (go to that other old thread) , there was no FreeDC team (everybody doing this project at Free-DC was on another team or something, again go back to that old thread where I tried to ask what the deal was)

i didn't mean to goof this up :haddock:

FoBoT
11-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by heretic
Merging teams is easy AFAIK (I just merged my team into TPR last weekend).

heretic

that is what i thought would happen, he would "merge" my "FoBoT" team to the new "FreeDC" team

?

this is what his email response was

I will merge the two accounts. After that you should change the userid on your machines to FreeDC.

Hope that helps,
George

if i need to do something to fix this please let me know, should i email George? what do i need to tell him? :help:

rsbriggs
11-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Dunno. Doesn't look like your work came with you....

heretic
11-11-2003, 11:00 AM
There seems to be a problem with transfering account data. See the post bu roreid at Ars: http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=122097561&m=1530988785&r=8300953595#8300953595

heretic