PDA

View Full Version : hi i am new

FoBoT
11-13-2003, 03:04 PM
it appears that I have never run this DC project, i don't see my name on the stats, i am here to correct that oversite :D

i pulled 2 Pentium II -266 and 4 Celeron 300 out of retirement to run ChessBrain

but since CB only runs part time, i need a supplemental project to keep the cpu's warm while CB isn't going

i figure i'll try this, i know 1732 Mhz won't do much, but can somebody give me a WAG as to how many of the FAD points or whatever the stats are called , i will get in a week with my blazing boxen? :beep:

thank you :drums:

PCZ
11-13-2003, 03:39 PM
The client does a benchmark of your CPU.
It does this at regular intervals and averages it out.

An XP 2600 rates about 200.
The score is cpu rating x time so that xp2600 would score 200 x 24 = 4800 points a day.

What you need to do is find out the rating the client is giving to your P2 and celerons.
You can open the .tlg file with wordpad and have a look when the client has been running for a while.

FoBoT
11-13-2003, 04:04 PM
inside that file it says

"these computers are so old and slow that the benchmark will take approximately 18.26 years to complete, don't waste your time" :D

j/k

cpu rating : 20

and after 20 minutes it has finished 1% !! :|party|:

ok, no problem, i will smoke the last 4 people on the team (they have 0 points :D ) in no time!

before you know it, i will be #20 :drums:

PCZ
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
The amount of time a WU takes is highly variable.

Sometimes they can be done in an hour othertimes it can take 2 days.
It doesn't really matter how long they take because the score is based on time not number of units.

If all the boxes are on a lan just set up one box.
share the find a drug directory and map it on the other boxes you want to run the client on.

Run the client from the find a drug directory on the mapped drive and the box hosting the server will do all the uploading and downloading and show the status of all your clients.

So just install on one box, set up the server, and run all the other boxes from this server.