PDA

View Full Version : Total Machine Count

Dyyryath
11-14-2003, 03:50 PM
This got started over in this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4731), but since it's purely a chessbrain thing, I thought I'd start it in the appropriate forum.

BTW, I'm now in 1st place for Linux boxes and 6th place overall! :D

We're doing pretty well as a team, too. We've got the first place Windows, first place Linux, and first place Overall, as well as having three (soon to be four) Free-DC members in the top five Overall. :thumbs:

the-mk
11-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Congratulations for having 1st place on linux boxen! :cheers:

Wow, congratulations again! 3 Free-DC-members in the top5? Great! :cheers: :thumbs:

cygnussphere
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Not to mention Chinasaur's #5 and Welnic's #2 pharm's in the top ten MacOSX:thumbs:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:tempted:

:evil:

:cheers:

FoBoT
11-14-2003, 05:27 PM
i should make a bunch of knoppix cd's and run 30+ boxen on that for one weekend just to knock Dyyryath off the linux throne temporarily :crazy:

sounds like too much work though :sleepy:

Dyyryath
11-14-2003, 06:26 PM
You don't want to do that. You'd force me to make Suse Linux Live CDs for a 'few' of my work boxes. It'd cause me no end of headaches and probably wouldn't even come close to being worth it in the end. ;)

magnav0x
11-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Suse Linux Live CDs

:eek: What happened to good ole Gentoo?!

Dyyryath
11-14-2003, 06:55 PM
No worries, friend; Gentoo is still my favorite distro (by far). I wouldn't consider running anything else on my workstation. :thumbs:

I do, however, experiment with all kinds of other Unix flavors as well. I've got Red Hat servers, Mandrake servers, a FreeBSD server, and even a couple of Solaris servers here at the house. Lately, I started tinkering with the most recent version of Suse. I have to admit, they've got one of the very best Live CDs I've ever seen. It's my live CD of choice at the moment (despite the KDE desktop). ;)

Paratima
11-14-2003, 07:09 PM
/me likes SuSE and KDE :)

Dyyryath
11-15-2003, 01:22 AM
Alright, I found two more Linux boxes to run it on. I'm working on getting a third one up and running now. I've also adjusted the run priority of about half of my boxes to 'normal' from 'low'. Another four or five I've set to 'above_normal' since anytime they're in use they'll have chessbrain disabled anyway...

What's everyone else using for a run priority? I did some experimenting on my development box and discovered that I get much better results running at 'normal' than at 'low', with little to no impact on the box itself.

Welnic
11-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by cygnussphere
Not to mention Chinasaur's pharm in the top ten MacOSX:thumbs:

And my boxen in the top ten OSX

PCZ
11-15-2003, 06:03 AM
I set the priority to normal.
If you run it with DF, low seems to work OK but used in conjunction with most other DC projects leaving the priority at low results in at best 50% CPU utilisation when CB
is active.

IronBits
11-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
BTW, I'm now in 1st place for Linux boxes and 6th place overall! :D #1 one Linux dude, in more ways than one :) :smoking:

cygnussphere
11-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Welnic

Sorry I did miss that in the chart. But for the life of me I can't find your CB stats any place:scratch:

rsbriggs
11-15-2003, 11:33 AM
He's # 22 on the team, if that's what you meant..

cygnussphere
11-15-2003, 11:48 AM
For a second there I thought I was losing it. Someone check this out to verify it please.

When I run Mag's Mirror 1 stats I don't see Welnic when I run the primary stats I see him?
:scratch:

cygnussphere
11-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Welnic

Now if we can just get you to drag that #13 spot in DF over to FreeDC :D

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Welnic
11-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by cygnussphere
Now if we can just get you to drag that #13 spot in DF over to FreeDC :D

There is a time for everything. :D

rsbriggs
11-15-2003, 01:29 PM
And my stats on the mag chessbrain site haven't udated in two weeks. ( Not one of the three instances of the same rsbriggs account. )

Where the heck are my stats going, I wonder?

And have we noticed that there is both a FreeDC and a Free-DC team going? Ought to get all of this merged together and get my missing stats found...

I see Welnic here:

http://mag.chessbrainstats.com/team.php?team=31

IronBits
11-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by rsbriggs
And my stats on the mag chessbrain site haven't udated in two weeks. The stats.Free-DC.org site (stats.dBestern.net) no longer runs the mirror of Mag's Chessbrain stats.
They got borked the night I upgraded to Mandrake 9.2.
Then Dyyryath said he was gonna take over, so Mag decided to drop it.
Mag needs to remove that link. :Pokes:
The History stats are still working tho http://stats.free-dc.org/cb/index.html :D

IronBits
11-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by rsbriggs
And have we noticed that there is both a FreeDC and a Free-DC team going? Ought to get all of this merged together and get my missing stats found... Someone needs to check their cbspn.conf files asap and make sure they are using "Free-DC" then.
I know Dyyryath said FREE-DC in his last post, but that doesn't seem to be hurting anything.
The - needs to be there.

FoBoT
11-15-2003, 01:56 PM
it must not be case sensitive, because i used FREE-DC for all the new ones i setup

IronBits
11-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Apparently not, thankfully.
I have always used Free-DC in any team project setup (if the project allows the - char) and it's always worked for me :thumbs:

Looking for the rogue FreeDC team, I found the following 4 handles :blush:
cygnusx1
Fozzie
rockhound
AnthonyMuckelt
:bonk:

cygnussphere
11-15-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
The stats.Free-DC.org site (stats.dBestern.net) no longer runs the mirror of Mag's Chessbrain stats.
They got borked the night I upgraded to Mandrake 9.2.
Then Dyyryath said he was gonna take over, so Mag decided to drop it.
Mag needs to remove that link. :Pokes:
The History stats are still working tho http://stats.free-dc.org/cb/index.html :D

Doh!:bang:

cygnussphere
11-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Apparently not, thankfully.
I have always used Free-DC in any team project setup (if the project allows the - char) and it's always worked for me :thumbs:

Looking for the rogue FreeDC team, I found the following 4 handles :blush:
cygnusx1
Fozzie
rockhound
AnthonyMuckelt
:bonk:

cygnusx1 was only active for a couple of weeks..

pfb
11-19-2003, 05:41 AM
updated: 11/15/2003 20:14:27 (GMT)

Total Windows Machines: 666
Total Linux Machines: 158
Total MacOSX Machines: 18
Total Machines: 842

hmm...:crazy:

cygnussphere
11-19-2003, 09:36 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
updated: 11/15/2003 20:14:27 (GMT)

Total Windows Machines: 666
Total Linux Machines: 158
Total MacOSX Machines: 18
Total Machines: 842
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by pfb
hmm...:crazy:

/Iron Madien Cd....

:scared: Run To The Hills:drums:

:scared: Run For you Life:drums:

FoBoT
11-19-2003, 10:37 AM
i will see if i can't add a couple more to fix that :crazy:

Fozzie
11-19-2003, 10:48 AM
the number of The Beast, for it is a human number....