PDA

View Full Version : new

cepheus
11-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Just wanna pop my head in to say lo, ill be gimping as soon as I rtfm :). Ill be using High-end P4s some being duals running on a redhat platform, hi and thanks to PCZ.

:trash:

cygnussphere
11-22-2003, 04:23 PM
:hiya:

:thumbs:

:tempted:

:evil:

:cheers:

PCZ
11-22-2003, 04:24 PM
glad you made it

somebody please tell cepheus how to best run gimps for the team.

FoBoT
11-22-2003, 04:45 PM
:hiya:

heretic
11-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Download the gimps for linux : ftp://mersenne.org/GIMPS/mprime235.tar.gz.

Untar this your directory of choice, name doesn't matter. (tar -zxvf mprime235.tar.gz)

Start gimps with the following command (from the directory you unpacked it in):
./mprime -m

It will ask you a number questions, most of which are self evident, but for some you have to give the correct answer (so that you can join the FreeDC team). Team ID: FreeDC and Team Password: go-4-it . Make up a unique name for each computer, actually for each client, as a dual runs two seperate clients.

If you want to run it on a dual then start the client 2 times, but start it with an additional parameter -A0 for the first client and -A1 for the second client.

Hope this is enough to get you started. Btw I would recommend either first time primality tests or Double-checking as specified work type. You can always change later.

Good luck on the crunching :cheers:

heretic

cepheus
11-22-2003, 05:15 PM
I guess I can setup a cronjob when I want this to run, or a process priority level?

heretic
11-22-2003, 05:20 PM
You can.

The priority level is not worth messing with, as the client runs on absolutly lowest level,

heretic