PDA

View Full Version : Chessbrain with d.net

PY 222
11-25-2003, 04:28 AM
Well, I've just joined the team in doing this project and I have a machine that is currently doing d.net.

So, my question is, does the two clients play nice with one another or must I twiddle the priorities a little?

Also, what will the client do if I throw more RAM for it to chew through?

Thanks for answering all this noobish questions. :blush:

rshepard
11-25-2003, 07:37 AM
They should be fine together-- the client will only cut in when there is work sent from the server; the rest of the time it will get out of dnet's way. The extra RAM is not a big deal-- there is some gain with extra RAM, but not very much.

cygnussphere
11-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by PY 222
Well, I've just joined the team in doing this project and I have a machine that is currently doing d.net.

So, my question is, does the two clients play nice with one another or must I twiddle the priorities a little?

Also, what will the client do if I throw more RAM for it to chew through?

Thanks for answering all this noobish questions. :blush:

ask away man and thanks for the help:thumbs:

:tempted:

:evil:

:cheers:

PY 222
11-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Well... looks like this client plays nice with d.net and DF. I will see if its also good with RSAttack 576.

Thanks guys for all your help. Now, if only I can get listed on the Free-DC team. :bang:

rshepard
11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
You're listed in Dyy's real-time stats; should show up on the site's stats tomorrow.:thumbs:

PY 222
11-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rshepard
You're listed in Dyy's real-time stats; should show up on the site's stats tomorrow.:thumbs:

Wowie... excellent.

I'll throw in another machine just so that I can be on the 1st page by this weekend.

:trash: