PDA

View Full Version : Any takers?

alpha
11-28-2003, 05:13 PM
I've decided my fastest box is just too slow for GIMPS. I'm gonna abandon this and wondered if anyone wanted to finish what I had started. I believe you can do this, though I'm not sure how. Presumably it is as simple as zipping up my working dir and passing it along.

You can check the details of the work I have started on the stats (http://mersenne.org/cgi-bin/primenet_report.pl?UserID=FreeDC&UserPW=go-4-it) (I only have one box on it so just search the page for alpha).

outlnderFDC
11-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Zip up the pxxxxxxx and qxxxxxxx files, these are the main save file and the backup(pxxxxxxx being first save file). Also you would need to send the worktodo.ini file or just the top exponent. The last numbers of the assigned axponent have to be the same as the numbers on the p and q save files.

alpha
11-29-2003, 03:18 AM
Excellent, thanks!

Now I just need to find somebody that wants it :)

magnav0x
11-29-2003, 07:24 AM
Come on someone with an abundance of P4's adopt this poor little factor

alpha
12-03-2003, 01:15 PM
I can't believe nobody wants this, it's crazy. Somebody take this off my hands, otherwise I will be compelled to finish it on the Athlon that started it :sleepy:

rshepard
12-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Zip it up and mail it to me at rshepard@ou.edu
I'll work it into the queue somewhere-- at least enough to keep it alive,
and then you can free up that box.

alpha
12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Thanks rshepard, I knew someone out there had a heart :)

Let me know how it goes, eh?

rshepard
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
received and running--not very fast, but running :D

Darkness Productions
02-14-2004, 01:41 PM
There are other tests like this that havent been updated since late December (Beyond? you still on GIMPS, or did you move off). I'd be more than happy to take over some of these tests if people still have their progress. If not, I'd even be willing to start them over for people. Please let me know.

ECL
02-14-2004, 07:33 PM
At the moment, 49% of our team's exponents appear to have been abandoned. Several are at or near the 60 day overdue window and will be reassigned to somebody else.

I wonder if the lack of good stats accounts for our malaise. We got off to a reasonable start and then fell flat two months later. We're currently averaging (as a team, not individually) about one P90-year per day, which is about 1/3000th of Prime Rib's output.

Darkness Productions
02-14-2004, 11:52 PM
I've actually been in some contact with rob reid (the man in charge of stats for TPR). He and I are gonna work together when he gets back from vacation to try and get a version of their stats working for Free-DC. If that's not possible, I'll see if I can't code up something myself.

Looks like I'll just start taking over some of those exponents, at least to get them off the list.

Darkness Productions
02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Alrighty... I just took a few of the "Reserved" exponents and queued them up on my p4 at work... Let them crunch on for a while to clear out some of this stuff.

MrTRS
03-12-2004, 09:30 PM
DP,

Could you or somebody give me a link to more info on how to
get the Reserved exponents you were talking about.

Thanks in advance,
Ray:help:

ECL
03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
I've actually been in some contact with rob reid (the man in charge of stats for TPR). He and I are gonna work together when he gets back from vacation to try and get a version of their stats working for Free-DC. If that's not possible, I'll see if I can't code up something myself.

Any movement on this front? I'm extremely envious of the current TPR stats system.

Darkness Productions
03-15-2004, 09:35 PM
I've got some *very* prelim stuff going that I'm hoping to get to spend some more time on once classes are over (another week, then the next quarter starts). When I created the first stuff, it was just a proof-of-concept for myself, so the data is very nasty, and the SQL scripts are even worse.

A redesign is underway, and I hope to have something I can show in about a week or so. Wait for it, I hope you'll be impressed.