PDA

View Full Version : next protein

FoBoT
03-28-2002, 06:14 PM
guesses as to when it'll come down?
i think we'll miss this weekend , hopefully in the middle of next week :)

also, how big is the next protein?
i don't want to miss out on another small one, i lost 5-10 million by being out of the game during that sweet 36 step job ;)

Brian the Fist
03-28-2002, 11:42 PM
The next protein will be a 36 residue helical protein (like the first protein but only 36 residues instead of 54). This will be followed by a 62 residue sheet protein (like the second, 36 residue protein, except twice as long).

Then we will have completed Phase Ia (as outlined in About on our site) and ramp up to larger protein and larger samples (of 10 billion). This is when it will start to get more interesting. The larger samples will also give us more time to do other stuff besides updating the protein each week ;)

MAD-ness
03-31-2002, 03:39 AM
Very cool.

At this point, 10 billion sounds like a large enough run to actually get everything ramped up in terms of production as well as enough time to actually get more accurate and useful data about the production numbers of individuals, teams and the project as a whole.

As soon as we get through a protein change without any major problems, I will feel comfortable enough to recommend the project and client to people who are not "into" DC, but who are willing to give it a shot. Sucks to get people involved only to have problems like Berkley's or like the first few switchovers here before the people have a chance to get 'hooked.' ;)

DATA
03-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
The next protein will be a 36 residue helical protein (like the first protein but only 36 residues instead of 54). This will be followed by a 62 residue sheet protein (like the second, 36 residue protein, except twice as long).

Then we will have completed Phase Ia (as outlined in About on our site) and ramp up to larger protein and larger samples (of 10 billion). This is when it will start to get more interesting. The larger samples will also give us more time to do other stuff besides updating the protein each week ;)

what is going to be the construction size hopefully not 1000 as this will make it again too fast for those of us who do/cannoty obtain perm connection to internet

S-MDC_TRUST

Jammy
04-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Well . . .the "next" protein started up a couple of hours ago. I just hope more of our team's members can get this one up-and-running, i.e. those "last" 15 members on our teams stats page(possibly they can start working???).

Jammy

Originally posted by FoBoT
guesses as to when it'll come down?
i think we'll miss this weekend , hopefully in the middle of next week :)

also, how big is the next protein?
i don't want to miss out on another small one, i lost 5-10 million by being out of the game during that sweet 36 step job ;)

[Ars]KD5MDK
04-02-2002, 03:05 AM
The upload block size on this one is 10,000 and you can always run with the -df tag.

I'm looking forward to these big proteins coming up, they should help people stretch their legs and really give their power a workout.