PDA

View Full Version : Send Errors

Paratima
12-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Anybody else get these? (Out of the 2 or 3 other folks running this client, that is :rolleyes: )

SendIdaMessage: v3NetSend failed. EC=-7, bytes_sent=0

Some days I'll only have a couple, some days it's really nasty. Anybody venture an opinion as to whether we get credit when this happens? Does it recover neatly? Is the Eon net properly set up for volume responses?

If graeme were passing by... ;)

Fritz
12-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Paratima,

From what we were told, apparently the server has to occasionally stop and do some recomputing and/or data swapping before it can hand out more data. Once it does this your systems should restart. It seems to happen more frequently when we are all crunching a lot of work units.

Fritz :)

PCZ
12-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Get that error a lot.

I think we still get the points OK.
I noticed that the client pauses for quite some time when returning work and thats when the error messages appear in the log.

Paratima
12-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks to both. :thumbs:

Now that we've had some better explanations of the goals and I've had a chance run it a bit, I'm really getting to like this project. I wish I could bring my office force onto it, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards yet. Guess I'll see if I can borg some more buddies' boxen. After all, what are friends for? :D