PDA

View Full Version : When do stats update and roll over?

MindCrime
12-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Sorry to start a thread but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQs, stickies or just plain old searching. I can tell a lot of it would have to do with the individual projects but I was wondering if the free-dc server has a particular schedule. IE what times are good times to check back at for new score updates? It looks like around 1000 UTC the first batch hits, but when is the earliest the next round hit and the next etc... until the last before the end of the "credit day". Thank you for your time.

Bok
12-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Not on a schedule. There is a script which periodically (like every 10mins) looks for updated stats from every project and downloads them. Another script is running which will run through any updated projects and parse the new xml for each, followed by the calculations for combined scores for users,teams,countries etc. It then also does all the nonBOINC stats (this is a bottleneck which I need to separate out to a different server). Once complete it points the web front end to these updated stats and starts again. All on EST, so when the cycle ends and it's after midnight it runs through end of day rollover processing where lost of other processing like MM's are done.