PDA

View Full Version : Howard, can you respond to this?

[DSLR]MntlCase
03-31-2002, 07:58 PM
From a DOCTOR who posted at DSLR.

Keep in mind, not a registered member, but apparently one of the sponsors of the TSC project.

yikes,

I did not know the rules. Did not know only one team could support. or only talk about in one place. I know science, I know how to make drugs, I know how to help people. I don't know rules of posting to bboards.

I only wanted people to help since this is the best designed distributed computing project in terms of getting real results to treat real people and we work with the people that made lipitor, discovered taxol, cured Hodgkin's and ran the NCI.

It is good science, and we will follow-up.

What are the rules?

If I wanted to be harsh, I could tell you computer folding does not work, i don't think you will find E.T. and most public drug finding projects take public targets that Merck has already made drugs against. I know my stuff. We want to take computing power and save lives. Not-for-profit (I've made enough money).

But I don't know the rules of posting to this site.

Jonathan

FoBoT
03-31-2002, 09:49 PM
:confused:

what does this have to do with distributedfolding?

xj10bt
03-31-2002, 09:58 PM
And what is there to respond to? The guy sounds a little strange. Regardless, if you want to ask Howard something posting to the hosted Distributed Folding forum, not the Free-DC DF forum, would be more appropriate. A little confusing, I know.

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=27

[DSLR]MntlCase
03-31-2002, 11:19 PM
Sorry, I had the wrong forum. I will correct it.

What is there to respond to?

This is a doctor who sits on the BOARD with Merck, saying ALL folding projects are bogus.

I'm not agreeing with him, or disagreeing with him. I just want to see what Howard has to say about it. I am confused.

Sorry for the wrong forum post.