PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to enhance MM Table

MarkRBright
07-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Just a thought but how about this for an idea.

In the Mega Milestones table (in Main Stats and User Milestones - but also in SubProjects if you felt the need) you could colour code the "Many" figure in any row where it constitutes a Maxwell, and used a paler shade of the same colour where it is within a few (I suggest 2) of a Maxwell. This would help explain to people why they have a Maxwell, as well as encourage them to go for more. Currently in order to find out if a Maxwell is acheivable you need to go through each MM in the table and select it to see the highest acheivers. I little bit of help with this would I think be a great idea, as many people may not realise they are close to a Maxwell otherwise.

You could take this further with the MiRB/TeraMiRB column by colour codeing the RankP figure where it constitutes a TeraMiRB, and use a paler colour for a MiRB.
I would suggest using a strong and pale colour for TeraMiRB and MRB respectively as when you have a TeraMiRB you also have a MiRB for that MM. You could also do the same for TMiRBs and CMiRBs (and their Teras) by colour coding the RankT and RankC columns if you ever decide to implement that earlier suggestion.

You could colour the Maxwell, MiRB and TeraMiRB (CMRB and TMiRB too!) figures somehow to link the two and make it more obvious what the shading represents.
Like I said, just a thought but I think it could look good too.

Bok
07-11-2016, 09:47 AM
I can see the value in it, but it's a LOT more work that it actually sounds. I would mean database changes to store the limits for each and such, then perl script changes to populate those and then the PHP/HTML changes.

My design skills aren't my forte either I'm afraid.

MarkRBright
07-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Forgive me if I am oversimplifying - or just completely wrong - but for the Maxwells, you would only to need to establish what the current highest value was for each MM once per day, and keep that number, perhaps alongside another that was 10% less (just for convenience). This seems like a fairly simple and very finite array rather than a database change, but then I haven't programmed for years now. Once you have these for the day, then all you would need to do when drawing the table would be to compare each RankP number with the corrosponding Maxwell value and highlight one way if it's bigger, ELSE if it's greater than the 90% value then highlight another way. In other words it is not a change that needs to be done for each user as such, just build an array and compare values against it.
For the MiRB and TeraMiRB, you would need to compare the RankP with 100, and failing that 1000, to decide if or how to highlight the Many field in a similar way. You already have that information to hand for each row.
Now I know I am being flippant when I just say "Highlight" like it's the easiest thing in the world, but I am half hoping that someone else out there reading this will offer to help you do it :D

Bok
07-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Forgive me if I am oversimplifying - or just completely wrong - but for the Maxwells, you would only to need to establish what the current highest value was for each MM once per day, and keep that number, perhaps alongside another that was 10% less (just for convenience).

^ is a database change. I do of course calculate this number overnight and use it to calculate the maxwells, but I don't store it anyway, it would have to be in the table that I hold the mm's in which therefore requires a database change :)

Not that it's that difficult, and I'll try to keep it in mind, but very little time to do this right now. Full blown migration of my companies SAP Financial systems to a cloud based SAP system is taking up way too much time :)