PDA

View Full Version : gauntlet thread

Anarchy99
01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I say that a nuetral party from Free-DC sets up the handles and posts the handles for team USA and team UK

then we wont have anyone worrying about the production going anywhere but here

you ok with that fozzie?

Fozzie
01-22-2004, 10:04 AM
my Colonial Padawan

Anarchy99
01-22-2004, 01:27 PM
also the nuetral party cannot post the handles till midnight on the 31st so we wont have any built up points before the start

anything you want done fuzzie:Pokes:

the-mk
01-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Current members of Team US:
1. Anarchy99
2. MrTRS
3. Darkness Productions
4. magnav0x
5. magicfan241
6. xp blackdragon

Current members of Team UK:
1. Fozzie
2. gopher_yarrowzoo
3. willy1
4. tak22
5. wirthi
6. alpha

Is there a neutral party already?

If you (Anarchy99 or Fozzie) want I'll register 2 accounts and PM the handles to the the subteam-members! Specify a time to send (with timezoneoffset) and tell me!

Darkness Productions
01-22-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't know about this whole extra handles thing.... I want my production to go to me, and nobody else. If that's the case, I'll have to respectfully decline. Sorry mates.

magnav0x
01-22-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm a bit on the same page as DP. I figured, we'd have someone to track all output among these members between the gauntlet time (seperate stats) and sort them out amongst the teams.

magicfan241
01-22-2004, 02:39 PM
I feel the same as DP and magnavox. If we have to use a "team" handle, I'm out.

If we were to set up a stats page that would group us into teams, I would be fine with it.

magicfan241

Fozzie
01-22-2004, 02:52 PM
the problem we have is that we need someone in the know to do the stats if we keep our handles.

Also unscrupulous members can fold offline and dump when the gauntlet starts. Bad Fozzie for even thinking it

:D

So we need a statistician to get the teams sorted.

Also PCZ and Splinkio you with your Imperial brothers on this?

rshepard
01-22-2004, 03:07 PM
May I offer a suggestion? Start the gauntlet concurrent with the start of the next protein. Everybody has dumped, and there is a basis for the scorekeeping in place already in the number of points/current protein displayed on the DF website. Add up the team members contributions, and presto, you have your scores for the sub-teams.

magnav0x
01-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I would offer to do the stats for the gauntlet, but unfortunatly between full time college, full time job, and some small jobs on the side, I just truely have no time to contribute to such a thing right now. Maybe DP or Dyyr would be available to whip something up. Starting at protien change would make good sense, especialy since whoever does the stats can just grab how much each user has contributed for the current protien, which is a field that could be easily grabed from just for the gauntlet purposes (http://anteater.blueprint.org/teampages/team5.html).

the-mk
01-22-2004, 04:37 PM
I felt the same like DP, magnav0x and magicfan, so I didn't want to join the gauntlet. Now I want to join and I will :D

The stats-thingy is something I could do. I think I can set up something on the weekend... If I get it done within the gauntlet-start I'll post a thread asking for the correct userids and subteam affiliations. Would that be ok?

Anarchy99
01-22-2004, 04:55 PM
ya, now that you guys mention it I want to keep the production for me too

so lets figure out how we are gonna keep track of it or we will be left with just calling each other names instead:rotfl:

Paratima
01-22-2004, 05:10 PM
:confused: Thought you'd already used 'em all! :p

Welnic
01-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Do you have to be a present member of the Free-DC dFold team in order to join the gauntlet?

gopher_yarrowzoo
01-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah Im with this whole no subteam handles thing and next protien change over and As this was MY IDEA in the 1st Place I've decided that is what will happen, DP, dyyryth, erm hell IB dudes could one of you sort the Guantlet statage like I think it was you DP that did the Seti Gauntlet :) that would nice

Team Imperial 2nd In Command ;) But Gauntlet Starter.. I'll suceed the Over rule to the Fozzie Bear ;) Go Dude,...

PCZ
01-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Stats
If somebody wants to do the stats but hasn't got a Public server I can provide access to one for the duration of the gauntlet.
I will allow unrestricted access via SSH and dedicate the boxen to stats use only.

Anteraan
01-22-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm of the opinion that the new protein approach would be the best for all involved. Subteam handles just end up as dormant relics in our team rankings, frankly. Everyone gets to keep their production this way, and the Blueprint team page provides an easy way to keep track of current protein stats. It would simply take someone to sum the team members' contributions. This also prevents cheating by the method Fozzie mentioned, and I believe it would encourage more participation, which is good for the team.

Even if a protein changeover occurs before the end of the proposed timeframe, the gauntlet can still continue, provided all team members have their baseline determined at any time during the first protein of the gauntlet. For instance, a week into protein #1, it becomes obvious that the goal amount of the protein will be reached quickly, so the gauntlet is extended into a second protein (by agreement of team captains, of course), and a baseline is determined. For example:

Name -- points in current protein -- points total
A99 -- 8,250,000 -- 89,000,000
Foz -- 9,000,000 -- 88,000,000

Thus A99's baseline would be 80,750,000, and Fozzie's would be 79,000,000. With this method, final stats could be determined after a second protein change, if the gauntlet were to continue for 2 (or more, even) proteins.

magnav0x
01-23-2004, 07:42 AM
I too have a dedicated server that the gauntlet stats could be hosted on if needed (100 mbit connection).

the-mk
01-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi there!

I've set up some BETA statage for the gauntlet. When the gauntlet begins I'll start from ZERO with the stats.

Linkage: http://the-mk.dbestern.net/gauntlet/

I still ned to add some features like:
- last update contribution
- last day contribution
- last week contribution
- timestamp, when gauntlet stats last updated

I hope I'll iron all the things out until it begins.

Fozzie
01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
as far as I can see there are no restrictions.

Pick a team and go for it.

If I may be so bold can I welcome you to Team Empire? ;)

Fozzie
01-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Butcher Fozzie lines up against Reverend Anarchy99.

Them there rabbits are gonna get a whoopin' ....again. :D

Darkness Productions
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
You know, I believe that both of those characters end up losing in the end ;)

Richard Clyne
01-23-2004, 05:11 PM
So whenis this gauntlet going to start. 1st Feb or the next protein change? How long is it going to last for? What timezone are we going for?

Can we get agreement between the two teams on this :p

DP, your prob correct there :thumbs:

the-mk, for producing the stats - :cheers: :notworthy

magnav0x
01-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I believe for the sake of simplicity (stats wise) we will be starting with the next protien change. This will also prevent someone from one of the teams going offline with all their boxen until the gauntlet starts and dump millions of credits just as the gauntlet begins. Overall it will be the best way to go about it. If you take a look at the rate we are progressing through this protien you will see that it will be over within the first couple of days of February, so it won't cause much of a wait. But I do think the teams should lock in their team members prior to the start of the gauntlet. Or do you guys (team captians) think people should be able to join along as they like.

Richard Clyne
01-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Some time after the next protein change sounds good start date to me. Agree that it will not be too long after the start of February.

All we need is the captains to agree on this :rolleyes: . Also they (captains) and the-mk (for best time to start stats) to agree on the start time.

What about an end date and time.

I think peeps should be allowed to join during the gauntlet. After all it is for a bit of fun as well as for the good of the team.

:moon:

Welnic
01-23-2004, 09:18 PM
If the start is the start of the next protein then there really doesn't have to be a start time, just how many points you have on the new protein. It's not like you can really pin down when the new protein actually starts, anyway.

magnav0x
01-24-2004, 07:25 AM
I think peeps should be allowed to join during the gauntlet. After all it is for a bit of fun as well as for the good of the team.

It also has to do with the way the stats are going to be setup. If the stats will be calculated based on current points for the protien, then it would not be viable to allow people to join as they like. Otherwise they will be bringing their total points for the protien to the team in question rather than just bringing the points they aquire after they join. Whether it would actualy be worth thinking about depends on how MK setup the stats.

Richard Clyne
01-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Assuming the-mk's stats can handle additional peeps joining after the official start date then the new member's stats could be base-lined at some point after they have posted their desire to take part in the relevant team thread.

I have not participated in DF for a few months. Do you still get credit for a certain period of time for old results uploaded after the start of a new protein. If so we should allow peeps time to upload cached results.