PDA

View Full Version : Solaris client screwd!

guru
04-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Yesterday none of my solaris clients would auto update. They just complained of the wrong protein and restarted work on the old protein.

I Manually downloaded the new client and installed it on all my work systems and restarted it. I noticed that the upload interval was back to 5000 units.

Today (after getting my DSL back up) I started upgrading my home systems. I did manage to get two solaris systems to auto update. Very slow and not automatic. I noticed that after they restarted they had a 10000 upload interval. I checked the file sizes between the auto updated version and the manual download version and found they are different.

If the auto update is not fixed this next time around I'm out of this project! I've stuck with it for these problems before but if they can't get the simple things to work I'm not going to waste my time anymore!

guru

xj10bt
04-02-2002, 03:13 PM
I feel your pain guru. If the updates worked right or at least didn't happen so often it would be a very nice client. I have hope that it is getting better though.

Maybe you should sit out this small protein since it will change so soon and get back up and running on the next one ;)

Dyyryath
04-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah, none of mine updated, either. Of course, I've got the March 21 client running on all of mine rather than the March 26 client. :(

Oh well, when I get a chance, I'll update them all one more time and hope that next time around it works like it's supposed to. If not, I'll probably just be deleting them next time rather than deleting and reinstalling them. ;)

xj10bt
04-02-2002, 05:38 PM
I had pretty good luck with the 26th client, and I'm not sure that the couple that failed weren't older versions. I'll have my fingers crossed for the next change.