PDA

View Full Version : FATAL ERROR: [023.024] {trajtools.c, line 2637} RLEUnPack failed,

lman
01-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Here's the error I've received:

"Starting foldtrajlite built Jan 12 2004
Wed Jan 28 20:15:39 2004 FATAL ERROR: [023.024] {trajtools.c, line 2637} RLEUnPack failed, size=3, should=400*400 - likely this is caused by overclocked or faulty RAM chips, please test your RAM"

I tried to restart the client, but it won't run at all, it keeps giving me this same error. This machine has been folding for more than a month 7/24 with no problems until now.

I note that another person, AZ Lynx, in November, appears to have had a similar problem.

I do not believe it is a hardware problem.

I am running the latest protein, using dfgui ver. 3.2. on Windows XP Pro, SP1.

I am running it on a dual athlon box (2 xp2500+ at 2240 mhz) with 1 GB memory clocked at 140 Mhz fsb. The memory is DDR 333, so I am actually running the memory under spec, however, the processors are overclocked.

Since this is a dual box, I am running two separate instances of dfgui. The error has only occurred with respect to one of the instances. The other instance has continued to fold happily along, and is doing so as I write this.

Just to make sure it is not a hardware problem, after I received the error, I shut down the machine, and ran memtest overnight. It ran clean overnight. No problems were detected.

Any ideas on what can I do to get this instance running again without having to start from scratch?

Pascal
01-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Hm. Another idea:
Just try to let them run without using the gui, just using some command line parameters. Maybe it works, try it.

Stardragon
01-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Your error refers to the most recent *.trj file being corrupt. It's possible that the file is of size zero, or simply that the data is corrupted. The cause may have been a system crash/failure, or program termination at the wrong time.
Unfortunately, you cannot fix the file once it is corrupted, and deleting it will cause further errors, so your best bet is to restart from the beginning.
You should still be able to upload any buffered work, as that should not be affected.

Brian the Fist
02-04-2004, 12:23 PM
You could also try copying the last trj file. so if the highest numbered .trj file you have is 65, and you have another one with number 64 in the same dir, try copying the 64 one on top of the 65 one. Otherwise, delete filelist.txt to start fresh (and lose all work not uploaded).

Galuvian
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I got the same error on one of my machines. It appeared some time over the last day or so. Deleting filelist.txt appears to have worked.