PDA

View Full Version : Can't find myself on stats

edorajh
02-01-2004, 01:55 PM
I can't find myself on stats. Although I register myself as Free-DC member and did some crunching before and during WRA it seems that I'm not among Free-DC members. And I don't appear at any stat list.

Is there any known reason for that? Is it enough to choose team on CB's member site or do I have to register it somewhere on my machine as well?

rshepard
02-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Yes, you have to register it in the machine as well. The simplest method (in Windows) is to Open the client and then do File>Register from the menu. It will ask you for the e-mail you used to register with at ChessBrain, retrieve your UserID, and write it to the registry.

If you are trying to run it using a local cbspn.conf file, you have tp get your UserID from the site ( URL is in the conf file) and then enter that number in the file where it says UserID=*

edorajh
02-01-2004, 02:23 PM
I did that with File>Register and did enter my registered email in appropriate field.

I also enter my UserID in conf file.

When I start client I see my UserID under UserID field. Everything seems OK, except I don't show up in stats. And I know I did some work.

Do I have to choose team somewhere else, except in member's area at CB site? I choose Free-DC there, but I don't see myself among Free-DC members at magnav0x's stats.

rshepard
02-01-2004, 02:28 PM
If you did all that you've described, prior to the WRA, then you should have shown up. If you did this the day of the WRA, or since then, you probably won't show up until the stats update again; which may not be for a day or so. I'm not sure when we can expect work to start up again, but I doubt it will be before Monday or Tuesday.

edorajh
02-01-2004, 02:33 PM
I did that about hour before WRA, and crunch under my ID. Before that I crunch under UserID=20 (unknown user :( ).

rshepard
02-01-2004, 02:38 PM
That is probably the problem then-- I don't know if they reset the stats at the start of the WRA, and if so at what time, but you may have got caught in the middle and gone thru the event as unknown. :(

Anteraan
02-01-2004, 02:51 PM
The stats are only showing one machine, while I have two running. Both are registered, and the clients were downloaded independent of each other (didn't just copy the folder, in other words), and both appear to be processing. I just started here in phase III, so I'm wondering if I made a mistake somehow?