PDA

View Full Version : Rankings et al

Mindcooler
02-10-2004, 10:55 PM
A couple of questions for you:

1. Why are the rankings sorted by Off-line BIST? Is this the most important property of the circuit? Shouldn't the stats be sorted by an average or something? :o

2. Why not have the same colors in the diagram as the topology view?

3. what does the Avg: and <l></l> values represent?

michaelgarvie
02-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Why are the rankings sorted by Off-line BIST? Is this the most important property of the circuit? Shouldn't the stats be sorted by an average or something?

The sorting is a dictionary sort. First the fitness, then the off-line BIST, then the on-line BIST and finally the parsimony. For eg: as in the words ace, bat and art the second letter only matters when the first letter is the same. The idea behind this is that it only makes sense for something to be self-diagnosing if the mission (task) circuit is doing what is supposed to do in the first place. And it doesn't make sense for something to on-line diagnosing (which is hard) if its not even off-line diagnosing. And finally it doesn't make sense for the circuit to be small if it doens't do what we want!

For more details read this paper (http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/mmg20/files/garvie03.pdf)

2. Why not have the same colors in the diagram as the topology view?
I have been thinking about this. I'd have to change the diagram slightly but it could be done. I'll put it on the list of things to do.

3. what does the Avg: and <l></l> values represent?
This is the length of the genotype. The longer it is the larger the circuit it represents can be and the larger the search space for the Genetic Algorithm to explore.