PDA

View Full Version : Closing in on 2nd

magnav0x
02-11-2004, 01:36 PM
That's right guys we slithered into 3rd and will jump into 2nd any time today. I noticed most of you guys stopped producing on this project. I assume most of you stopped, because it's beta and the stats will be reset once the project goes "live". I hope to see most of you return when the roll over occurs. For now I guess it's just me and Ironbits.

PCZ
02-11-2004, 01:40 PM
I will put my P4's on it.
Give me a few hours to set them up.

I stopped because the stats were going to be reset soon.

magnav0x
02-11-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm going to contact Jean-Luc and see if I can't persuade him to not reset the stats. I'll get back to you guys soon.

magnav0x
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Well after talking to him it does seem that it would be in his best interest to reset the stats after the beta.

I needed to test the hosting provider by cranking up the workunit rate. This caused improper workunits to be submitted. I needed to be sure they could take the load. Also, my GFLOPS rate is based on submitted work and I've spent time counting each floating point instruction to determine a good estimate for GFLOPS rates.

Seems the crediting system will be tuned better for workunits (based on GFLOP rates).

Bok
02-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah I stopped mine due to the reset. Though I have a 3000 dump on my laptop ready to go in :)

Bok

alpha
02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x
For now I guess it's just me and Ironbits.

And I. I haven't stopped producing since I started. However, I don't leave any of my machines on 24/7, hence the small production.

I'm still here, though.

PY 222
02-13-2004, 01:58 PM
magnav0x, remember to do a frontpage pimp when this project goes live ok.

It seems to be very interesting and I would be willing to throw in a box or two. :thumbs: