PDA

View Full Version : interactive null pointer exception

safemode
02-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Interesting, i keep getting this error.

InteractiveTaskClient exception: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at islandev.IslandsEvoGUI.set(IslandsEvoGUI.java:63)
at distrit.server.FineGrainedInteractiveTasks.set(Unknown Source)
at distrit.client.InteractiveTaskClient.connectLoop(InteractiveTaskClient.java:97)
at distrit.client.InteractiveTaskClient.main(InteractiveTaskClient.java:236)

Also, the gui for the client in both my linux island and my windows 98 island have stopped working. It doesn't load and i use two completely different versions of java on the islands. The program seems to do it's normal evolution function fine, but this non-interactive task client exception scares me into thinking that i'm not able to interact with other islands, i couldn't care less about the gui though.

safemode
02-12-2004, 02:22 PM
and right after a clean start

java.lang.NullPointerException
at islandev.IslandsEvoGUI.initComponents(IslandsEvoGUI.java:189)
at islandev.IslandsEvoGUI.run(IslandsEvoGUI.java:95)
at distrit.server.FineGrainedInteractiveTasks$1.run(Unknown Source)

safemode
02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Possibly related.

I've taken a close look at my two completely different islands. The generations are not resulting in changing genomes. they are exactly the same each generation. This shouldn't happen unless a reversion is occuring and none is being displayed as occuring. My evolution is going no where on my islands.

safemode
02-12-2004, 02:41 PM
The only time i seem to be able to get a new genome is by manually restarting the client. Once started it never changes.

hrm, very troublesome.

safemode
02-12-2004, 02:54 PM
hrm, nevermind about the non-changing genomes. they are changing, just only tiny point changes in the genome once every few generations.