PDA

View Full Version : need some stats

FoBoT
02-17-2004, 07:39 AM
need some stats

:help:

magnav0x
02-17-2004, 09:04 AM
I talked to CJ yesterday and he indicated they would be updating more often now that he's back from Denmark. Also there is a possibility in him giving me direct access to the chessbrain databases so I can make sure my stats are functional wether or not they update their CSV files. Problem is this probably won't be done until next weekend :rolleyes:

FoBoT
02-17-2004, 10:12 AM
is anybody getting work? i was going to start some more clients, but i get nothing
:bonk:

http://marco.tedaldi.net/smileys/duhard.gif

rshepard
02-17-2004, 10:26 AM
looks like its off at the moment -- last work I got was a little over 3 hrs ago

rshepard
02-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Update on the stats, fromCJ:

Will be back up this evening. I need to fix a bug in a PHP script Stats are being recorded... the bug is in a script not the logging.

jonnyw
02-18-2004, 11:38 AM
they've updated :)

PY 222
02-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jonnyw
they've updated :)

Yeap and US-D is way way ahead of us.

So everybody, get your clients going. We need as much firepower as we can muster to regain our No. 1 spot.

Bok
02-18-2004, 04:32 PM
I'd forgotten about it. I was surprised that I was still in 10th place overall :)

But I added a 'few' clients this morning. Let's see what that brings. :drums:

Bok

willy1
02-18-2004, 07:00 PM
How often can we get stats updates? The Chessbrain site only updates once a day - does that include the .csv files that they produce?

Daily stats make me nutz - I want real-time! :bang:

PY 222
02-18-2004, 07:18 PM
willy1, I hate to break it to you but there aren't any real-time stats for this project.

The closest one we had was Dyy's hourly stats but unfortunately it is out of comission for the time being.

Let hope that magnav0x can cook something now soon, now that he has greater access to the chessbrain stats.

willy1
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
willy1, I hate to break it to you but there aren't any real-time stats for this project.

The closest one we had was Dyy's hourly stats but unfortunately it is out of comission for the time being.

Let hope that magnav0x can cook something now soon, now that he has greater access to the chessbrain stats.

So that's why they never change when I hit <refresh> 87-hundred times a day.

I thought since Dyyryath used to be able to get the info hourly in Stage 2, that now that Stage 3 is up and running that the stats would be at least that good.

Guess I'll go check the DF, EON, DPAD and MD5CRK stats again.....

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

someone get me another quart of coffee - I'm feeling run down

Paratima
02-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Got just the page (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/) for ya! Enjoy. :)

PY 222
02-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Dude.. slow down on the coffee intake. It will make you go nuts!

Here... have a cold on, on the house. :cheers:

willy1
02-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Magnav0x -

Your stats seem borked.

The team totals look correct, but the individual numbers aren't close.

You show me unchanged the last couple of days at postion 50 with .61 billion, and the official stats have me at position 19 with 27 billion nodes.

IB is showing on yours with 2.61 billion, and the official stats have him with 32.6 billion.

willy1

magnav0x
02-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Ack, thanks I'll take a look at it asap and get it resolved.

Dyyryath
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
At some point I'll have ChessBrain stats again, but it'll probably be awhile. I'm in the planning stages of a massive rewrite of all of my Arachnid stuff right now. I may even take down the Arachnid site fairly soon, we'll see.

On the up side, once it's back up and running, I'll probably support a whole bunch of new projects...

Magnav0x seems to have ChessBrain covered, though, so no worries! :thumbs:

Paratima
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
I may even take down the Arachnid site fairly soon, we'll see. Please let us know in advance, so extra medications can be ordered. Thanks! :p

PY 222
02-20-2004, 01:25 PM
magnav0x, I was wondering if you could run your stats hourly instead of daily. Not too sure if that would be difficult but it would definitely help the addiction,

Either way, your stats is whats that gets me by everyday. :notworthy

willy1
02-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
magnav0x, I was wondering if you could run your stats hourly instead of daily. Not too sure if that would be difficult but it would definitely help the addiction,

Either way, your stats is whats that gets me by everyday. :notworthy

I guess that would depend on how often ChessBrain updates their .csv files. I haven't seen anything about the update frequency on their forum.

Thor
02-21-2004, 07:45 AM
My stats are not even updating at all!
I DID sent in work during the world record attempt, had it run the other day just to see if I get any points, so sent in work but no update in the stats:bang: :bang: :bang:
Whats wrong? don't know but I don't think i will run it any longer.....:swear:

Greets Thor

the-mk
02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Thor
. . .
Whats wrong?
. . .
Did you set your e-mail-address or userid in the client?

How are you running the client (OS? srvany.exe-service? with config-file? ... )? Maybe we can solve the problem together!

FoBoT
02-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by the-mk
Did you set your e-mail-address or userid in the client?

How are you running the client (OS? srvany.exe-service? with config-file? ... )? Maybe we can solve the problem together!

which stats did you check? only the official daily stats are working right now, as far is i know

magnav0x
02-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Thor, you are probably getting stats. My stats seem to have a problem updating at the moment.

Thor
02-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok, seems like it was a stats problem....fired it up again...

Now a different problem: Is there any way to make cb use more than 4MB RAM? I'm using the standart windows client on W2K and it never uses more zhan about 4MB RAM....:confused:
That seems awfully strange.... also it seems not to be too slow though....

An idea anyone?

greets Thor

rshepard
02-22-2004, 08:55 AM
The RAM usage is not adjustable in the current client.

PCZ
02-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Thor

All my clients use 21mb when they are working.
They only use 4mb when they are first started and haven't received any work from the supernode.

Are you sure that your client is actually doing any work ?.

You can't adjust the memory usage in the phase 3 clients.

See attached screen capture.

Thor
02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
yupp, I watched it serveral times today and also during the WRA.
It processes work and windows taskmanager only shows between 2 and 4MB RAM used.....
Maybe I should just do a fresh install.....

Greets Thor

Edit:
Just did a fresh install.....no changes in the behaviour of the client:confused:
no more ideas... I'll just let it run and watch if the stats change....

FoBoT
02-22-2004, 01:43 PM
CB has never benefited from more RAM, even though it has had a way to adjust the usage

remember, CB isn't a "normal" DC project, it doesn't run all the time. it only runs when it gets a job, which in terms of total available CPU availability is a very small percentage.

the way to increase your results is to run more instances of the client, either on more PC's or running multiple instances on each PC.

that is how you increase the RAM used, you run 10 CB clients, each use 4MB , so now with 10 clients, you are using 40MB of RAM vs. 4MB when you only run one client

i have some boxen at work with 1GB of RAM , i have run as many as 20 client instances on them at once. i think they could handle many more

matrix_fan
02-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Does running more than one client one one computer really give u more jobs??

Bok
02-22-2004, 03:09 PM
It certainly does :thumbs:

I would run at least 4 on each box, preferably 6 or 8. I tend to put them at a higher priority than the main DC task (i.e. below_normal on windows, or renice 15 on linux )

Bok :D

bwkaz
02-22-2004, 09:33 PM
If two instances are both "active" (active meaning using CPU cycles, rather than just waiting for another move from the supernode) at the same time, then I don't think your output will rise all that much (since there's still only so much CPU to go around between all processes).

However, if one instance is waiting for work every time the other is working (and when the first is working, the second is always waiting, so that you never have a case where both are working at the same time), then your production will double. I highly doubt that will ever happen in real life, but running more clients to use up the idle time certainly can't hurt. One CB instance seems to work (at a guess, I haven't measured for sure) about one quarter of the time, and wait about three quarters of the time. A "problem" is that they'll all be waiting in between moves (until the algorithm starts to do prediction -- right now, when it's not CB's turn, the CB engine just sits idle), but then, so will everybody else.

This advice is valid as long as you don't run another DC project (like in my case, DF). If you do, then running CB all the time will definitely hurt your DF production (again, only so much CPU to go around). If you only run one (or maybe two) instances, then your other DC program will fill in the gaps.

PCZ
02-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I think we have strayed of topic a little bit here.

Thor is seeing 4mb when his client is running, I see over 20mb.

As memory usage can't be adjusted in the latest CB clients, I assumed what I am seeing is normal memory usage.

Can others please confirm the normal memory usage of the phase 3 clients they have running.

rshepard
02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm seeing a little over 18 mb on the Linux client here at the house-- I'll check the Windows boxes at work tomorrow, but I think they are running around 19 or so. I think 4 mb might be about right at startup, before the client contacts the server and starts getting work. The client won't release the memory once it's allocated (as far as I know). :confused:

Anteraan
02-22-2004, 10:50 PM
My phase 3 clients (cbpncli) show 1,700 - 2,450 K while active (even at 99% CPU usage) and ~350 - 500 K while inactive. It may be of interest that I'm only working one client per machine. I'm not sure if that does affect memory usage much, but there you go.

the-mk
02-23-2004, 02:43 AM
My clients use about 19 to 21 MB memory. I run them on Windows 2000 with SP4

On another machine same memory usage with the pure Windows 2000 without any Servicepack.

On each machine 3 instances of the client are running. On the SP4-machine with srvany.exe as services and on the one without SP they run on command line (*.bat)

PY 222
02-23-2004, 03:03 AM
I have cbpncli.exe running on my box and it only takes approx 4.2- 4.9MB of memory. I have 10 instances of cbpncli.exe on both of my boxes at home and yes, all 10 instances get work. They have so far clocked more than 3 hours of CPU time on each instance.

Running Win XP Pro SP1, 512MB RAM if this information is of use to anyone.

Thor
02-23-2004, 05:58 AM
It definitly seems like the client is using different amounts of RAM, but why?
I run one instance of the standart client under W2K SP4 with 512MB RAm installed........and like I said before, it uses only about 4MB RAM even after a re-install....

Greets Thor

matrix_fan
02-23-2004, 03:13 PM
i have 10GB bandwidth not being used:sleepy:on a shared server, how much do stats usually take up? :confused: :confused: :confused: I'll host stats for FREE for anyone who e-mails/Pm's me ;)

PY 222
02-26-2004, 01:30 PM
People... it doesn't seem like we are catching up to US-D.

Do anybody have some forecast stats that we see and use?

Anteraan
03-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Forecast stats would be nice, but it appears that the official stats are down. Maybe it's just me, but all I've been seeing is a white background for the last few hours. Ack! :cry:

magnav0x
03-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Guys, I was going to start rewriting the stats last weekend, but I never got around to it. This comming weekend I'll rewrite the stats to take care of the bugs and have conquest/threats added back in. Hopefully I'll have them set for hourly.

willy1
03-02-2004, 02:44 AM
magnav0x -

Nice new look to your stats page :notworthy matches the forum well.

Only 1 comment/suggestion - on the Team Ranks on the right side it's hard to read the rank - the lighter blue/grey on darker blue/grey doesn't stand out at all. i didn't even see the ranks at first...

IronBits
03-02-2004, 09:41 AM
I screwed up the skinning... I'll get er fixed up soon. ... :)