PDA

View Full Version : Access violation dfGUI.exe ?

gOhAsE
02-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I get an Accessviolation at address 004BBEBC in module "dfGUI.exe". Read of address 034A0000.

When I click on OK I can still minimize dfgui into the tray, but everytime I doubleclick it it displays the message above and its obviously not updating anything - but foldtrajlite.exe is running fine. It even stops foldtrajlite.exe when I exit dfgui.

Any suggestions?

Digital Parasite
02-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Which version of dfGUI are you running on which OS? Does it *always* do that? What happens if you reboot your machine?

gOhAsE
02-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Its the version 3.2
and it didn't show the error until now.

Everytime when I clicked the error message away it appeared again after about 6-10 seconds.
I didn't reboot until then. But I left the machine alone for about 4-6 hours and now the error message has gone after I clicked it away 4-6 hours ago.

And now it doesn't appear again. Even when I doubleclick the dfgui-symbol in the tray.

:confused:

But a very big THANK YOU to you for answering this question. :)
It was perhaps of another program that was running at the same time or of confusing results from the foldtrajlite.exe.

And another BIG THANK YOU for this great GUI. :notworthy :)

gOhAsE :)

gOhAsE
02-24-2004, 12:10 PM
And now I had that error again. :(

But I think it was an incompatibility with the actual stable version of tight vnc server ( www.tightvnc.com ). As soon as I stopped the server the errors were gone.
They don't appear immediately after the start of dfgui either while tight vnc server is running.

Can anyone proof this?

I'll watch this behaviour further on.

gOhAsE
02-25-2004, 05:32 PM
O.K.
It seems to be TightVNC.
My "The Bat" Email-Client showed this access violations, too.

So I'll run TightVNC only occasionally. :cool:

Digital Parasite
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Hmmm very strange. Running TightVNC is causing other software to have access violations?

Are you using the latest version of TightVNC? That doesn't make any sense since one process shouldn't be allowed to overwrite data in another process' memory space. If TightVNC was doing that, it should be getting the access violation.

When you say using TightVNC, are you running the client so you are connecting to another machine and viewing its desktop, but dfGUI is on the machine you are physically at and crashes? Or dfGUI is on the remote machine you are VNCing into and that one crashes?

Jeff.

gOhAsE
03-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I run tight vnc server occasionally.
TightVNC is polling the windows everytime they come to foreground.

I am not sure if thats the problen, but my errors with "The Bat" are:

Access violation ... Read of address 034A0000.

So I think its the same problem. I don't even know what crashes. The program runs along when I click away the error message - until the error message appears again.

But I can live with that.

I only posted that because I thougt that dfGUI had a bug. :)

Digital Parasite
03-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gOhAsE
I only posted that because I thougt that dfGUI had a bug. :)

No problem, I'm just curious why dfGUI and other applications are getting violation errors. If TightVNC is running at the driver/kernel level then it has access to do naughty things and might explain why it is causing other applications to have problems.

Thanks for pointing it out, good thing to know.

So it is the remote machine then where dfGUI gives you the strange errors (ie: machine running the server mode)?

Jeff.

gOhAsE
03-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
So it is the remote machine then where dfGUI gives you the strange errors (ie: machine running the server mode)?

Yey, its the remote machine.

In fact its my workstation and I ocassionally run TightVNC to be able to access it with my notebook while working at the notebook.

I didn't run TightVNC for about two weeks by now - and the error didn't emerge since then.,