PDA

View Full Version : US-D pulling away

Anteraan
03-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Well, we had it under the 500 billion mark, but now it appears they have added yet more clients. The gap is currently 540 billion. If we could only assimilate **no team** or TEAM NINJA, we'd have a good :fight: on our hands. :D After the "need more firepower" thread, I added another 9 clients, and even threw a few on my already-slow Duron system. While we haven't appeared successful (yet) at closing the gap, from a strategic standpoint, I think we need to maintain striking distance. As we all know, the computing power of Free-DC is vast, and if we stay close, a well-timed bit of help from some of our friends could put us over the top and give us a stage 3 win.

Just my .02, and more than what you paid for it....

PY 222
03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm giving all she's got Captain.

I don't understand it. Why aren't we catching up! :bang:

willy1
03-01-2004, 04:36 PM
We need some decent hour-by-hour stats at the team and member level to figure out why we aren't producing more. Maybe even down to the machine level - I think that info is in the CSV files that are being produced.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :spank: :spank: :spank:

edorajh
03-02-2004, 04:58 AM
I have two machines on CB. Can I add more than one CB client per one machine? If it can help...

Evilmoose
03-02-2004, 06:36 AM
You can add as many clients as you have ram to handle.
2 should work on anything with 512+ even with other projects running.
I used to run 4 on my dualie with no problems.

witenoiz
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi - I just joined! Maybe this will help a bit...

#9 witenoiz 224,351,082,662

:|party|:

Jack

Bok
03-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Nice one witenoiz... :cheers:

actually that works out as a swing of 224M x 2

Bok :|party|: :|party|: :|party|:

Anteraan
03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Indeed, Bok. That puts us right there with US-D. I may have to celebrate by upgrading a system. :)

Good to have you here, witenoiz. Welcome to our enclave of goofballs, miscreants, and the like. Help yourself to the virtual fridge. :fridge:
Your presence will keep me out of the Free-DC CB top 10 for quite some time, but I'm more than willing to make that trade. :D

BTW, Overland Park is a nice, nice area. My mom lives in Independence, and I have a friend who lives in OP. It reminds me a lot of the northeast side of Indianapolis, where I live.

PY 222
03-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by witenoiz
Hi - I just joined! Maybe this will help a bit...

#9 witenoiz 224,351,082,662

:|party|:

Jack

WOOT... more firepower in the house!

Welcome witenoiz. Have fun in here mate.

witenoiz
03-02-2004, 06:36 PM
So, since I am so new here and couldn't find out where I place on another team, where DO we find the Free-DC stats page that would show where you are and why you can't get into the top 10??? Anteraan - I have a friend that lives in Indianapolis -I think he works for the city! His name is Bill. Would you find out how he is doing. Thanks
Bok here in KS, 224M with 12 places, :rolleyes: We call that 224 B:thumbs:

Jack

PY 222
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
This is magnav0x's stats page

http://mag.chessbrainstats.com/team.php?team=34

Enjoy.

Evilmoose
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Nice to see you here Jack.:cheers:

Jack are you moving all your stats over?
For those of you that dont know, He has at least as much as I did.
Perhaps we could renew some freindly compition:thumbs:

Bok
03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
So, since I am so new here and couldn't find out where I place on another team, where DO we find the Free-DC stats page that would show where you are and why you can't get into the top 10??? Anteraan - I have a friend that lives in Indianapolis -I think he works for the city! His name is Bill. Would you find out how he is doing. Thanks
Bok here in KS, 224M with 12 places, :rolleyes: We call that 224 B:thumbs:

Jack

oops :bonk:

my bad

Bok :jester:

Anteraan
03-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Anteraan - I have a friend that lives in Indianapolis -I think he works for the city! His name is Bill. Would you find out how he is doing. Thanks

Jack

Jack,

Bill said he's doing fine, and said that you still owe him "that 20 bucks", whatever that means.

:D

willy1
03-03-2004, 01:40 AM
Stats are back - and we've halved the distance to US-D :thumbs:

:|party|: :|party|:

edit: DOH! Really should read the whole thread.

:cheers: Welcome witenoiz :cheers: