PDA

View Full Version : Change in my CB Stats

magnav0x
03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Ok as most of you know the new stats I so hastily whiped together had many bugs. CJ has switched to hourly near real time updates in the CVS files now and this has given me a reason to rewrite the entire engine. I HOPE to get this done this weekend (just like I did last weekend). For now I've tracked down a few bugs in the stats, due to some rogue data CJ had in the CVS files during the WRA attempt. This should rectify the lost units/machines not showing up in the stats. Also I have changed the cronjob to run hourly. You will not be able to see how much you did hourly or weekly, but you should still get your full 24 hour output numbers. At least you have some way to judge it and something to keep your clicking fingers busy with for a while until I get the new system in place. If you notice any problems please let me know.

BTW the data will vary slightly from the chessbrain website until the next update. As you know the data updates every 30 minutes on his server and mine updates hourly. I just so happened to rerun the scripts during his mid hour update.

rshepard
03-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks for all your hard work!
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

PY 222
03-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah magnav0x. You rock.

Keep the sweet stats coming baby!

edorajh
03-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Can't find the link to your stats. Can you post it here, please?

matrix_fan
03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
http://mag.chessbrainstats.com/

PCZ
03-04-2004, 01:20 PM
If mag's stats are correct then our output yesterday was pitiful.

US d scored about 70% more than Free-DC

Dyyryath
03-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Hmmm. I haven't been running at all. I'll get all my boxes back up tonight while I'm getting my DF clients going again...

PY 222
03-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I just don't get it... we have more machines than them but why are they producing more than us?

Where on earth are they getting all that extra nodes? :confused:

matrix_fan
03-04-2004, 01:46 PM
maybe MOST OF US are running too many clients. I get more production when i only run 3-5 instead of 10-15... Or did they find a way to cheat the system???

rshepard
03-04-2004, 01:54 PM
we have more machines than them but why are they producing more than us

I wonder if the machine count is # of machines registered, not # of active machines?

PCZ
03-04-2004, 01:55 PM
We need to put more machines on the job.

The total machine count is wrong, a lot of the boxes we are supposed to have haven't been used since the WRA.

Also loading up lots of clients on a slow machine is a waste of time.

The best output is from Fast Athlons running windows with 2 - 4 clients per CPU.

magnav0x
03-22-2004, 01:30 PM
For those curious the new CB stats are indeed being worked on. I've had my stats grabber, grabbing data for the past week, so when it goes live you can have threat/conquests ready to go :D. I just need to finish the output scripts and make some modifications to the scripts that calculated the data.

offamychain
03-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Matrix_Fan...No we haven't found a way to cheat, do not tolerate it in our team, & do not knowingly accuse other teams of it either.

Bok
03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Wow, David, relax, please don't spill the problems US-D are having with other teams here also.

Thanks

Bok

offamychain
03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Nothing bad meant Bok. As I've always said, I believe all DC'ers, regardless of team, should be welcome on other forums also, as long as they respect the fact that they are in someone else's "home."
Just as I am a visitor here & will try my best to behave as such. However, cheating ANYWHERE is a serious offense, I believe all of us can agree to that. M.F.'s remark was obviously aimed at US-D, there is no other team above, FDC.
Since he was making this remark in his own forum, no harm was done. As a visitor from USD, I simply remarked that this is something that we do not engage in. No insult intended, just a fact.
I could have "sugar-coated" my reply, but I decided not to beat around the bush, so just made it as short & simple as possible. If it offended anyone that I mentioned US-D's policy on this matter, I apologize.

matrix_fan
03-22-2004, 07:13 PM
I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. I was just thinking of the possibiltiy. I DID NOT mean any harm nor did i mean to accuse ya'll of cheating.

IronBits
03-22-2004, 08:38 PM
/me drags in the :fridge: and offers everyone a round of :cheers:
:|party|: :drums:

IronBits
03-22-2004, 09:10 PM
I run only one or two clients per boxen now myself.

For some reason, when I run 4 or so per boxen, say about 6 boxen or so, my SMC router/firewall freaks out and locks up. Have to unplug it for about 20 seconds or so, and it's good to go for sometimes up to a week, or as soon as I walk out the door for a week or so. :bang:
This has never been seen here before in well over 3 years of rock solid networking.
Once I suspected it to be the large quantity of CB clients, I reset the SMC, dropped all those clients, and the problem went away.
My brother TeeJay and I experienced the exact same symtoms, and we got the same end result.
We both run 1 or 2 clients on each computer now and the problem seems to have gone away. (SMC Broadband Router)
Anyone else seen this behaviour?

matrix_fan
03-22-2004, 11:13 PM
i once had 20+ clients on each of my 2 computers connected to my good'ol US Robotics Router. Never had a lock-up, and that was on top of alot of intensive web browsing and downloading.Though it is only a 2 port router :rolleyes: