PDA

View Full Version : Can't upload data?

pan2
03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm new to this project and running it to put my new 3GHz P4 through its paces. So far after quite a few hours of running my stats on the webpage are still blank. I don't think my work is being uploaded. foldtraj_screeensaver.log is full of lines like:

ERROR: [001.001] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 7093} Unable to check for new version, will try again later...

or

ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 776} [URL_Connect] Bad arguments

Any ideas?

I'm running XP Pro with only the default firewall, though I tried disabling this as a test with no change in the outcome.

Stardragon
03-17-2004, 09:38 AM
First, make sure you are connected and do not have a proxy or a firewall that may affect the upload. If you do, you will need to see the FAQ section of the website on how to set these up.

Also make sure that your screensaver flags are not set to work offline - this would be under setting, at the line saying "Temporarily do not connect to the internet".

Other than the failure to establish a connection, there appears to be nothing wrong with your saver. Keep in mind that the protein changeover will be happening today around 11:00 am EST, so you would not be able to upload until it is completed, which usually takes 1-2 hours.

Brian the Fist
03-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Though I have not seen this error before, there are not a lot of things that could cause it. If I had to guess, you have configured the client to use a proxy, but not entered any proxy information, or have entered it improperly. Try disabling your firewall AND configuring the client to not use a proxy server, and see what happens..

pan2
03-17-2004, 10:36 PM
I don't have it set to use a proxy, I do have it set to connect automatically, firewall is off, etc.

I ran the program later this afternoon and it downloaded an update and since then it seems to be working fine. (At the moment I can't seem to access the stats page but at least I can see that the data sets aren't buffered any longer.)

IronBits
03-17-2004, 11:19 PM
All my clients are running off net at the moment because the Server must be swamped would be my guess :dunno:

HansArne
03-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Looks like something is wrong
This is what I get when I try the log in page
http://home.c2i.net/hansarne/gfx/error.jpg