PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who used the Grid.org Forums,Orbi-tel has to step back

magicfan241
03-21-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm just going to quote what he said on the forum:

Those of you in the UK who remember the Two Ronnies, will remember the final signoff quote from their show which I have used as the title of this thread.... Well, this is also my signoff thread from the message board.

This will be a surprise, if not a shock to the majority of you I know, but for reasons I will explain below, I have decided to take my leave of you fine folks for an indefinate period. This has been a very difficult decision for me to make, having been here on the message board and running the UD agent for the past 3 years, but I believe it is the right one.

It has certainly been a very eventful and rewarding 3 years here which I have enjoyed enormousley. With so many ups and downs (mostly ups I'm glad to say) and the occational confrontation with a few folks, some of whom are no longer active on the boards and some who are as active as ever. I have seen many people join and also many people leave and a great community formed from all the individuals that contribute each day. There has also been great sadness when I heard of or remember those who have lost their fight to remain with us over those years, but also comforted to know that the community here will not forget them (don't worry, this is not why I am leaving...).

So I guess by now, you are wondering why I have decide to leave. It comes down to the fact that I been unemployed for the past 18 months, since being made redundant (for the 3rd time) from my last employer, and been caught in the IT downsizing that occured in the UK and abroad. While this is not a situation I like being in, I am finding that because I have so much free time (this explains why I am always here!), this message board was/is becoming too much of a distraction from finding employment. It was because of this that I finally decided I needed to change my focus and concentrate on my future and to do that I needed to remove this distraction. This has been a very difficult decision as I said earlier, but I feel it is necessary so I can get my future sorted out, wherever it may take me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank UD, their employees, the various sponsors and especially Moose for all the hard work 'behind the scenes' in allowing me to make my small contribution to the cause. And in doing so, helping to progress the never ending fight against Cancer and other diseases that cause so much suffering. I would also like to thank all my fellow members for an engoyable 3 years here and wish you all good luck in the future both personally and through this community. I would also like to thank the other mods and the comdev team who between us I know have helped to get this project where it is both technically and socially, and for keeping this board running (not necessarily how some would like it to be) but running none the less, and wish them continuing success. FYI I still intend to continue running the UD agent as much as possible (and where funds allow) as I am still committed to this project and it's goals, but this will be a silent contribution, for now anyway.

So, there you have it folks. This will be my last weekend on the message board (so make the best of me!!!) and from Monday I will no longer be contributing, visiting or answering PMs until further notice. This I hope will not be the last you will hear of me... Once I have found employment and time allows... as arnie never said... I'll be back.

A not quite so cheery

Orbi

I know this is not in the recruiting forum so this will probably get moved by a mod .... Anyone looking for a good C software developer, software support, Unix admin or product/system tester, you know where to find me (by email)... I'm the one jumping up and down waving in the air, trying to get noticed.

Ok, it's your turn now...

He lives in SE England, so I hope he gets a job soon!

But, I really sad to see him go, he was as much, if not more of a statue on the board, as IB is/was here. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

magicfan241