PDA

View Full Version : Down a spot

Evilmoose
03-26-2004, 10:38 PM
US-D has passed us in the rankings:( .
I guess I had to leave the team for them to care about FaD.:swear:
Lets rally alittle support, Ill move a few heaters back. Anyone else?

IronBits
03-26-2004, 11:33 PM
That's not nice!
Are they putting their backs into it, or are we just getting caught :sleepy: :)

I just realized the History stats on http://stats.Free-DC.org were borked on this project, and no one told me about it. :rolleyes: ;)

All better starting tomorrow (/me crosses fingers) :D

Now you will be able to see how everyone is doing... or not ;)
http://stats.free-dc.org/fad/stats/index.php

:cheers:

Petey
03-27-2004, 03:10 AM
I guess they made the most of it while we were all over at DF.

Have to see what we can do to get our spot back :)

Paratima
03-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm in.

PCZ
03-27-2004, 02:16 PM
I haven't had any results show up today.

Anybody else returned work today ?

Evilmoose
03-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I had one show up this morning but I cant even get to the stats page now?

Evilmoose
03-27-2004, 03:38 PM
I just got in through the website. It seems they have changed the address for stats again.:rolleyes:
All my work from today is listed.

PCZ
03-27-2004, 04:23 PM
All my work must be lost. :swear:

Petey
04-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Keith is reporting that the stats are recovering now from the ISP / MySQL problems and should be up to date by Friday mid-day.

If your work still doesn't appear then send your server.log to support and Keith will hunt them down.

:thumbs:

TeeJay
04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
I'm in.

Paratima... you are safe...
Re-deploying over to LM.
Looks like we need reinforcements over there...
So many projects ! :confused:

Hold the fort... " I will be back"

>>TJ (IB)

furballexpress
04-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Many of the folks here will recognize the nick from days of yore at ars. Up until Saturday morning or so, I'd put up with the rapidly destabilizing mess that is DF. When I tuned into my home boxen to see upwards of 900 proteins still waiting...then realized they were the older protein, and that I wasn't very likely to get credit for that work, plus all the idle time I was wasting either stopping and uploading or waiting minutes at a time to upload over my 3Mb cable connex...well, I'm done with DF until they unfsck themselves.

Started looking over free-dc (after checking the official DF forum and finding out they had issues with a protein changeover ONCE AGAIN), stumbled into this project. The idea of doing anything with diseases appeals to me far more than anything strictly mathematical in nature, so...here I am. Soon I'll have upwards of 10Ghz on this puppy. Most are smaller procs (1.3, 1.4 tbirds, etc), but they will solely run FaD.

Anyway, I'm a small reinforcement at least. Go FaDders!

</book...and sorry> :)

IronBits
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Furby!!!! :elephant:
:tempted:
:hifi: :cheers:

Evilmoose
04-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Welcome:cheers:
Thanks for helping out.

Paratima
04-26-2004, 06:42 AM
Welcome Furb!! This is a great project for your slower boxen and, as you say, the cause could hardly be better. Ya just crank 'em up and watch 'em churn. It's not real exciting (see other posts here), but it's stable.

Good ta have ya here! :thumbs:

PS. If you've got anything as fast as say, 2.4GHz on up, Climate Prediction is a good project, too.

furballexpress
04-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Paratima -

Iron BIts can likely tell you, I'm rather a purist when applicable: I strive to lend all available cycles to one project at a time. So I'll probably be putting both of the new 2800s on FaD.

I'm even considering making free-dc my DCP home from here on, for various reasons I won't go completely into in a fora environment. Suffice it to say you boys and girls seem...invigorated and focused about your DCPs. Others....well, not quite as much.

Good thing I found this thread too - I was beginning to wonder if one machine was reporting results while the others were sending them to never never land. :(

That's about it....again, go FaDders! :elephant:

SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC: Does anyone have a definitive resource for setting up the linux FaD client in a command line/autorun environment that must go through a port redirected proxy? One of my boxen at work is a lab samba machine with extra cycles, and I was unsuccessful getting the box to retrieve work units after install. I haven't spent that much time playing, but I didn't find much on going thru a proxy on the FaD site. Any help (or redirection to a new thread even) would be appreciated.

tYpe-K
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
welcome to FaD :cheers: