PDA

View Full Version : Using WinXP Pro, and XP-Tweaking tools by JPA-Software

Beardy
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
I am runnng Windows XP Pro on 2 networked machines. I am also running SB17 on both machines. My problem is that of late I have noticed that both machines have started to run slower (IE the cEMs/sec number is decreasing as time passes...Both machines are on 24 hours a day and I have a cable internet connecting). My question is, can anyone advise me as to the best setting to use when running XP tweaking tools. My options are RAM Optimiser - optimise for Applications or Cache - and System Status - optimise CPU for Applications or Background Tasks.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

And finally, sorry if this is not what this forum is intended for

magnav0x
03-30-2004, 07:02 PM
if you don't use the computers just kill explorer.exe :P

rshepard
03-30-2004, 07:13 PM
I believe you will want to Optimize for Applications in both cases. And magnav0x's suggestion is in the right direction; you probably want to unload anything else you have running unless you are using it.

prokaryote
03-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Are you sure that it's not the known issue with the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) algorithm used by the SB client? It's known to have optimum conditions so that the cEM's/s will change as the exponent changes. It has a peak and a valley and cycles between the two.

Beardy
04-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Many thanks for the replies to this question....I have tried the suggestion by rshepard and this has greatly improved the situation.

Again many thanks for the suggestions.

Beardy

There are 10 types of people who understand binary

Those who do and those who dont..