PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to join Free DC

Fozzie
03-31-2004, 06:24 AM
Sorry guys I'm maybe being dense here but can't sort this one out.

My setup

P3 Lappie with Net access and a host of P4s with none.

How do I get:

GIMPS installed as a service which the users will not notice.
Work distributed to those machines so that I don't have to nurse them every day.

My lappie is currently running the test as there is no work in the worktodo.ini file.

Am I missing something?

whilden@ars
03-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Its been awhile since I have installed prime95, but you can simply add entries to the worktodo.ini files. I have never nonetted prime95.

Prime95 automatically runs as a service, just make sure you say "runs at bootup" and "no tray icon", iirc the password for that section is 9876.

So download a bunch of work and then copy entries to worktodo.ini. If your keep exponents out to long you may have to extend your checkout time manually online.

I know Ars has some nonetters (greeners) so feel free to stop by our thread and ask any specific questions.

Edit: Also you will get work once your test is completed, you can change the number of days to work to grab.

magnav0x
03-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Fozzie it should automaticaly download work after it's done with the test, otherwise you have to manualy assign work data to it. You can specify in the client how many days worth of work you would like to recieve.

Fozzie
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
DC Monitor doesn't seem to want to track its production??

I am reading how it is going from result.txt

What monitor works?

It says it is 25% of phase 1. How many phases are there?