PDA

View Full Version : Node gone barmy

Fozzie
04-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Couldn't upload 300 odd wus and then when I restarted the node it went mad.

Now its borked and I've had to start from scratch.

This is the 3rd time this has happened in either D2OL or TSC and I've lost loads of work.

Is there any way to guard against this?

rel279
04-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Fozzie I went to TSC forum this might pertain to your problem thou might mean loss of work done.:confused:

Try to perform a Flush All Tasks and restart the client. I am not seeing any issues with the server. This is a client end hang .

This will happen occasionally, if the directory structure becomes corrupted.:cry:

Couldn't find any thing about protecting against this.:(

:mouserun: :mouserun: :mouserun:

magnav0x
04-07-2004, 10:39 AM
I have problems like that consistantly with D2OL under Windows. Maybe try loading D2OL in a ramdrive? I don't know exactly what's causing the corruption, but I would assume it has to be something on the client in.

rel279
04-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Fozzie this may be old news but posted in TSC 04-06-2004.

All,
Today we had a scheduled power outage in order to bring new power to the construction site of our expansion. This was well planned and proceeded as expected.
However
We have generator power for the servers and scientific equipment and UPS power for the servers. The outage was scheduled for 2 hours, and our generator is sized to run for 72 hours before requiring more fuel.

No one should see the outage as the website and project will run along fine on alternate power.

The outage ran long, the generator failed, the UPS power ran out, AC failed, and then we located no fewer than 3 wiring problems during recovery.

Isn't life delicious?

But, we are brave and busy people here - less than 4 hours later, we were back online. Website is up, project is up, freezers are freezing and the mail servers is a'mailing.

I apologize that no one had any news but I assure you - I had no way to get the word out. Two levels of redundancy failed and we were working as fast as we could to recover.

Tomorrow morning, All project services will be taken offline as we remedy one of the wiring faults. This will be for perhaps 2 hours, likely less. Again I apologize for the downtime but I promise that we are taking all necessary steps to improve the situation.

Happy Crunching!

--------------------
Charles Beckius
TSC Forum Administrator