PDA

View Full Version : I've uploaded something how do I check

Fozzie
04-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Looks like one client finished whatever it was doing and I uploaded and got more work.

How do I check it has credited to Free DC?

rshepard
04-08-2004, 07:57 AM
go to
http://mersenne.org/cgi-bin/primenet_report.pl?UserID=FreeDC&UserPW=go-4-it
and scroll down to the "exponents cleared" section-- it will eventually show up here

Darkness Productions
04-08-2004, 09:05 AM
You can also check at http://stats.dp.cx/gimps/. There you'll find a page that has completed work for the past month (IIRC) for everyone on the team. You can then click on the specific machine name to see more specific information for just that machine.

IronBits
04-08-2004, 09:19 AM
I put that on the 3rd Party stats links :p :)

IronBits
04-08-2004, 09:11 PM
We are climbing rapidly :cheers:

Rank Team P90 CPU Rank Change Output Exponents P90 CPU
years 7 Day 30 Day 90 Day 7 Day 30 Day 90 Day w/factor Hrs/Day
217 FreeDC 14.604 +12 +29 +46 0.865 2.427 4.070 19 1673.07

rshepard
04-08-2004, 09:19 PM
You're looking at the factoring rank-- we are at 176 in the LL testing

:haddock:

IronBits
04-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I knew that... ;)
:bonk:
I thought Factoring is what was bringing up the stats on 'overall'?

What box am I supposed to have checked for a lappy with a p4 2.8?
How about for an AMD64 lappy? Just in case I decide to put it on it that is. :rolleyes:

ECL
04-09-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by IronBits

I thought Factoring is what was bringing up the stats on 'overall'?

Our overall rise has been largely due to a recent increase in completed LL tests. The last three or so weeks have been unusually productive for us.

Factoring isn't worth much in P90 years. Current factoring exponents take a P4 2.4 about a day and yield a tiny fraction of a P90 year. If your exponent doesn't yield a factor, it doesn't show in the list at the bottom of the account report, so you won't get your name in lights as a big-time factorer unless you're lucky and find a bunch of factors. I've done quite a bit of factoring and found only one. Not that I'm bitter about it, mind you.

The current 10,000,000 digit LL exponents are worth about 6.5 P90 years and will take a couple of months to crunch. Doublechecks are shorter but could still take up to a month, maybe more. Deciding which to do is really down to how much patience you have. The mersenneforum regulars seem to want us to do more doublechecks, but that could just be a sinister long-haired commie plot.

wirthi
04-09-2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by ECL
Our overall rise has been largely due to a recent increase in completed LL tests. The last three or so weeks have been unusually productive for us.
What is countend in the overall stats? Only LL testing or LL+Doublecheck+Factoring (all counted in P90 years)?

Factoring isn't worth much in P90 years. Current factoring exponents take a P4 2.4 about a day and yield a tiny fraction of a P90 year.
Right, but in the time you can do one LL test you can to quite a bunch of factoring. So, counted overall you should get the same number of P90 years for doing either factoring or LL testing for a certain time.

The mersenneforum regulars seem to want us to do more doublechecks, but that could just be a sinister long-haired commie plot.
Hmmm .. LL tests are the work that really counts. It should be unlikely that the first check yields an error. Of course the doublechecking should be done, but it shouldn't be "important".

rshepard
04-09-2004, 04:10 AM
What is countend in the overall stats? Only LL testing or LL+Doublecheck+Factoring (all counted in P90 years)?

It's LL+Doublecheck for the Top Producers list--( this is the list that sets the ranking in the DCR. ) I believe the Factoring years total is used as a "tie-breaker" if two groups have the same Top producers total, but I may be wrong about that....