PDA

View Full Version : Misc errors

tpdooley
04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Last night, I tried stopping the foldtrajlite.exe client that is running as a service on my system. Opening up a dos window, I got into the c:\folding\distribfold directory and typed "foldtrajlite /?" to get the list of commands that can be passed to it. It pops back with a message that if I want to see the commands, to just run "foldtrajlite" with no arguments. When I do that, it just starts running. (Did it get the arguments from the service.cfg file and thus totally ignore my no argument command?)

Could invalid commands give a message about using a working argument to list all the arguments that can be passed to the client? And get "/?" or "/h" to do that? I was looking for "/remove"... :)

Setup a new directory.. new client.. /installed - and started it..

This morning, it's refusing to upload since the ticket is here. Remove the receipt.txt file.. and a few upload with 910 errors. So we now have to go and visit each client and by hand get rid of everything - or just delete the directory and put in a copy of a clean installation. Can we get an update that will wipe out today's useless ticket, purge all the buffered gens that are going to build up until either the HD runs out of space/the client crashes or otherwise corrupts filelist.txt/the next client gets released - and then continue on?

A machine I visited last week (I'm getting too busy to visit them all regularly since they're all over the place. :) had the corrupted filelist.txt file problem and was happily sitting there not running at all. (Every reboot, it would post an error in the error log and then go back to sleep.) Is there a way of backing up the corrupt filelist.txt, error.log and any buffered gens - and starting over? Let it do that up to 3 times per protein and then on time#3.. return to the sitting there doing nothing state?