PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic suggestions on Web Stats

francoisr
04-12-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I started crunching data 2 days ago. Great client.

My comments concern some improvements I'd like to see on the Web side.

1- Keep me logged in so I don't have to enter my e-mail /pw all the time I open a browser. Cookies have their opponent but they would be in good use here.

2 - Don't have IE to confirm I resend data. It may be a IE issue, I can't find the option to check or uncheck. Could also be the way the client is identified. Again, cookies might do the trick, I guess.

3- Don't display all the graphs on my mains stats page. I hardly ever pay attention to it (I guess I'm not the one), they are quite static and they take time to download. It it not without interest though, so why not put it on a different page. The top tens could also be moved aside too, with a link from the home page. Most of the time all I want to see is my score, my rank, how poorly I compare to you, the best cruncher of all.

5- A feature I miss from other DC projects is having way to compare the performances of my (2) PCs. It doesn't add to the scientific side of the project but it is expected from volunteers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Francois

P.S. I'm no statistician, but with the amount of data your workstations have crunched (almost 50% of the total), I'd have expected your username to appear in the top 10. Your best molecule is not even close to the top 10. Is there any explanation to that other that bad luck? :confused:

ColinT
04-12-2002, 02:29 PM
P.S. I'm no statistician, but with the amount of data your workstations have crunched (almost 50% of the total), I'd have expected your username to appear in the top 10. Your best molecule is not even close to the top 10. Is there any explanation to that other that bad luck?

-----------------

That number is completely random. It does not equate with production. It's simply the best fit to an existing protein...

Brian the Fist
04-12-2002, 04:55 PM
You can do most of what you suggest already, so just take some time to read through the site and the READMEs, as there is plenty of information there. For example if you want to compare your CPUs, just make them two different users and put them on the same 'team' and you can easily compare them then, for example.
Also, stats are offered as plain text for those interested in faster loads.

You are correct that we do not use cookies (again, don't like polluting people's hard drives with junk) and they are not necessary because there's only ONE page when you login. That's it. There's nothing to remember. Login, look at the page, and that's it. Cookies would be useless here.