PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: For Team Stats

Matt
04-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Instead of the team page just listing the team members would it be possible to have the stats of each user visible on the teams page, ie DPs, GigaMD5s, last days production? It's nice to be able to compare between team members and who's doing best in your team etc. Being able to sort columns would also be great. I would do this myself but my host doesn't allow cronjobs on shared hosting so I can't get a regular supply of data :rolleyes:

Beyond
04-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Might want to try this stats page (http://stats.open-dc.org/md5//teamstats.html) until you get a response. :cool:

Matt
04-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Thanks so much this is exactly what I wanted, cheers :cool:

Mystwalker
04-27-2004, 08:03 AM
These stats are great! :thumbs:
I found a little issue, though:

I just joined the team Rechenkraft --> http://stats.open-dc.org/md5//Rechenkraft.net-Germany.html

My team rank is 11/18, although the stats tell me my rank has increased by 130 ranks...

And another suggestion for the "New Members" table:
When a member joins and had no team before, maybe another text can be displayed.

:cheers:

Bok
04-27-2004, 08:05 AM
hmm,

I'll take a look at that today :cheers:

Bok

jlcooke
04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Matt
Instead of the team page just listing the team members would it be possible to have the stats of each user visible on the teams page, ie DPs, GigaMD5s, last days production? It's nice to be able to compare between team members and who's doing best in your team etc. Being able to sort columns would also be great. I would do this myself but my host doesn't allow cronjobs on shared hosting so I can't get a regular supply of data :rolleyes:

Done. Free-DC Team (http://www.md5crk.com/stats/teams.php?action=view&id=1370877007)

To keep the load on the server down, the member stats are pulled from the same daily data as http://www.md5crk.com/stats/topusers.php

Digital Parasite
04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
JL, how are the users sorted in the team list? They don't seem to be sorted alphabetically, nor by the DPs Reported, or GigaMD5/sec.

Bok
04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Mystwalker
These stats are great! :thumbs:
I found a little issue, though:

I just joined the team Rechenkraft --> http://stats.open-dc.org/md5//Rechenkraft.net-Germany.html

My team rank is 11/18, although the stats tell me my rank has increased by 130 ranks...

And another suggestion for the "New Members" table:
When a member joins and had no team before, maybe another text can be displayed.

:cheers:

Fixed! I now display a member as 'New' if they were not on the same team the day before.

I've also put in some text for your other recommendation. Feel free to offer suggestions to what this should be :)

Thanks for the observations :cheers:

Bok

Matt
04-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Is it me or is the team captain not included in the rankings?

Welnic
04-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
JL, how are the users sorted in the team list? They don't seem to be sorted alphabetically, nor by the DPs Reported, or GigaMD5/sec.

It looks to me like it is when you joined the project, which would usually be the the same as when you joined the team. Unless you had changed teams. :D

Mystwalker
04-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Found another strange thing:

Viewing user KLS (http://stats.open-dc.org/md5//userstats.php?name=KLS), he hasn't done any work in the last 2.5 weeks.
Nevertheless, the table in the middle shows that he's gonna overtake several ppl soon, whereas there's no threat to him (shown on the lower table).
Hm, maybe those two got mixed up?

Besides, what is the purpose of "Third Table"? ;)

Bok
04-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Those are pretty messed up. I just knocked up a quick script to prove to myself I could. It needs revisiting totally. I might take a look at this afternoon, if I get time. The graph is so basic too and needs fixing up quite a bit as well as more graphs added. I also need to put in the threats/conquests as a button for team only.

And the third table is just that :Pokes: a reminder for me to think of something to put in it!

Where is mAgnavox when I need him :Pokes: ;)

Bok

Mystwalker
04-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Just to bug you once more: :D

When looking at the big stats table ( http://stats.open-dc.org/md5//teamstats.html ) on Tue Apr 27 16:34:21 CDT 2004, Rechenkraft has 3435.973 for Today. Switching to the team details shows that I'm the only one who has submitted today - but only 1717.987... :confused:

Where is the other half?

Bok
04-27-2004, 06:04 PM
It's because it is taking your total score as new for RechenKraft today (which is is).

Adding the individual ones up is a little deceiving I agree.

Perhaps I can add a totals along the bottom breaking out where the scores come from...

Great work Mystwalker, I appreciate your reports!!

Bok :D

Mystwalker
05-04-2004, 06:15 PM
The new user pages look pretty neat! :notworthy

I got 3 suggestions, though:

1) How about linking the names of the "upcoming" tables to the corresponding userstats?

2) In my table I have entries like
fantus 0.000 203,478,355.7

I guess the algorithm still needs some tweaking, although it has clearly improved a lot!

3) The color theme of the graphs is ... well ... improvable :p
I don't think that light blue on dark blue (or something like that) with white strips is eye-friendly. Esp. the connections of light blue line and white stripe doesn't look that good for me...

But apart from that: Great stats! :cheers:

Bok
05-04-2004, 07:06 PM
If you mean the graphs?, I've just started messing about with them today. Those a transparent pngs, but they need a lot more tweaking...I haven't used jpGraph much at all so I'm just learning it's capabilities. Any other graphs you'd like to see ? Perhaps a project ranking over time graph?

Good idea to link in the upcoming users, I'll try and do that tonight and I may work on that algorithm a bit tonight too, I've got a few more pieces working better in a beta version (including seperating out just team members if needed). The theme is courtesy of Dyyryath and IronBits and it's just a taste of the next version....it's been written for Eon, but it ports directly to MD5 and all the others.

I'll probably let out in the wild tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming :thumbs:

Bok

jlcooke
05-08-2004, 03:15 PM
DPs in the lasat 24hrs is now listed on the site. so you can figure out how fast your team is going compared to others.

Can you say "over-take time" ?

jlcooke
05-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jlcooke
DPs in the lasat 24hrs is now listed on the site. so you can figure out how fast your team is going compared to others.

Can you say "over-take time" ?

Added a new stat "DPs in past 24hrs".

As you can see, Ars technica is in the lead and moving awa from FreeDC.

Darkness Productions
05-08-2004, 11:28 PM
jlcooke:

I think your DP in the past 24 hours is displaying GigaMD5s, not DPs.

jlcooke
05-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
jlcooke:

I think your DP in the past 24 hours is displaying GigaMD5s, not DPs.

Right you are. fixed. Sorry to get your hopes up. ;)