PDA

View Full Version : stuff i see on the screen

FoBoT
04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
is this bad?

i sometimes see

v3NetSend failed <stuff>

dimer UndoAssignment

is that bad? does it mean something failed? does it mean i get less points?

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
You will see dimer UndoAssignment after each unit is completed. I don't know about the other.

FoBoT
04-27-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah, the "failed" part is what concerns me. it makes me think it didn't send the results/work back to the server, but i don't know what it means :dunno:

PCZ
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
FoBot

I see that as well.
Don't know what it means.
Do you loose the points for the WU ?

Bok
04-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Nope,

it just means the server is shifting an atom in it's layer (I think) and does not accept anything at that time. This usually last s only a moment or two.

Nothing to worry about :)

btw it seems like our 'friends' have noticed and are trying to counter......

Bok

:cheers:

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-27-2004, 04:06 PM
I can put an amd 3200+ on this until the weekend

that should have say "another amd 3200+"

FoBoT
04-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bok
...our 'friends' have noticed and are trying to counter......

Bok

yeah, they got another guy in the today's top ten , hrmmph :weggy:

Bok
04-27-2004, 04:27 PM
I just moved a couple more over...

watch for more of their users on it soon once they read this thread :whistle:

@ helix :thumbs:

Bok :D

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Trying to find a way to run in windows without setting up a service but still be able to hide the client. I hate having console windows open on my Windows boxen. I've tryed using runh.exe, but the client doesn't seem to do anything when I run it with runh. Any ideas guys?

Bok
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM
This is a job for Geier, he is our resident service installer/hider expert. PM him and I'm sure he'll know how to do it.

Bok :D

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I suppose I could set it up as a service, just felt lazy :p

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Just manually went in and installed it as a service....doesn't do anything while it's running as a service either (0% CPU usage). This is driving me nuts!

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok Ok got it installed as a service again under it's default install path and it seems to be working. I got a log full of this though. Could this be on my end or are they having problems right now?

RecvIdaMessage failed.
RecvIdaMessage failed.
RecvIdaMessage failed.
RecvIdaMessage failed.
RecvIdaMessage failed.

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-27-2004, 05:46 PM
my client.log shows the same, no other messages in there. But stats look okay.

same on all boxes

magnav0x
04-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I saw a couple trickle in on these 3 boxes I installed as services. They must be having some network issues off an on. Well I added 2 x Celeron 2.4's and another AthalonXP 1800

Bok
04-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Bok

btw it seems like our 'friends' have noticed and are trying to counter......

Bok

:cheers: [/B]

Told you so...predictable as always, reminds me of the dominos pizza ads :rotfl: :rolleyes:

here (http://stats.open-dc.org/eon/US-Distributed.html)

Bok :jester: :jester: :jester:

alpha
05-01-2004, 04:32 AM
I am not getting credit for the jobs that I have completed which output v3NetSend failed at the end.

offamychain
05-01-2004, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bok
Told you so...predictable as always, reminds me of the dominos pizza ads

They're quickly running out of options. Notice they've put a node on Eon. When I was there, I NEVER knew of them committing a node to this project. Eon was never a real popular project there. Just me & about 4 or 5 others were usually the only ones running it.

This would be a good opportunity for FDC to all come together on 2 or 3 projects, namely Eon, Chess, & NFS. With their # of members versus a small percentage of ours, they will not be able to fight on several fronts at once.

We simply quit & let them pass us in Ubero, with zero effort to prevent that. Personally, I believe winning is better than loseing. After we secure positions in these projects, all the participants can go back to their normal projects & the regular participants of the project will be able to maintain for a while.

Anyone interested?

stanray
05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey Dave!

You're right about the node but it was always intended to be moved around to plug some holes and boy have we got some holes to plug!

Stan :thumbs:

magicfan241
05-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by stanray
Hey Dave!

You're right about the node but it was always intended to be moved around to plug some holes and boy have we got some holes to plug!

Stan :thumbs:

Well, you see us at Free-DC have our own method to plug holes that other people try to make, it's called the Hydra Clusters.

I think East may sit here for a while. This ain't time to back down.

I say let's kill em.

I'll be starting a thread in Trash Talk in a few minutes. Look for it.

magicfan241
Controller of Hydra East