PDA

View Full Version : Island Evolution Weirdness

rathaman
04-27-2004, 08:58 PM
i was under the impression that the evolution was alway supposed to increase. However i've now noticed twice that my evolution has reset itself back to 0,0,0 (for Loose, Stringent, Parsimony). Is this a known issue, and/or is this suppose to be happening?

Im using the linux bash script, and have been runnign the same script for 3-4 days now ... i have yet to be able to capture the transition point in the bash script to see if the script is "crapping out" in some way.

- Craig

michaelgarvie
04-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Every time your island restarts you will be allocated a new island, sometimes with a fresh population. Don't worry about this since your island will receive fit immigrants which will take over the population and get it back on track.

rathaman
04-29-2004, 10:31 AM
I know that, however my island location wasn't moving. Before the restart i was at 8,8 for the whole 4 days. It was this same island that was going back to 0,0,0 ... and your right, it dind't last long (however long it is between server communications), but it didn't seem to me like it should be happening