PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Post results of past proteins

vsemaska
04-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Just a suggestion. As each protein is completed it would be nice to be able to go to a page on your web-site to see the results. On 04/01 in the news section you posted a jpg of the protein being processed. Something similar to that.

I think people would be interested to see how the project is progressing.

Thanks.

ColinT
04-12-2002, 03:26 PM
No one manages poor Zathras, you see. So Zathras talks to dirt. Sometimes talks to walls, or talks to ceilings. But dirt is closer. Dirt is used to everyone walking on it. Just like Zathras, but we've come to like it. It is our role. It is our destiny in the universe. So, you see, sometimes dirt has insects in it. And Zathras likes insects. Not so good for conversation, but much protein for diet

Brian the Fist
04-12-2002, 04:24 PM
You can view your best structure created by logging in to your account at our web site.

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
04-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Howard, I believe that what is being asked for here is a history page for each of the previous runs. We are on protein number 5 now, I think it would be nice if the final stats page for each of the previous proteins could be maintained along with the best protein structures from each.

This is how I read the first post.

Ni! :)

vsemaska
04-12-2002, 08:10 PM
Yup, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. :cool:

iainmcgin
04-13-2002, 05:33 AM
What may also be a good idea is to display a graphical representation of the current best protein fold in the same kind of way - i know this will probably be less than automatic (probably involves taking screenshots of Cn3D?) and that we can download and look at the proteins ourselves, but I just think it would be a nice thing to see.

Then again, for modem users this may be annoying as it will slow down the loading of the stats page... still, this is a "suggestion post :crazy:

Iain McGinniss

Brian the Fist
04-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Scientific results (includng pictures of good structures) will be posted once we have analyzed the data (which has begun). As for leaving on access to older proteins, this is not convenient to do at the moment may be become so shortly so Ill keep the request in mind. Excuse my misunderstanding of your request.