PDA

View Full Version : Joining FreeDC team

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-29-2004, 06:04 AM
Ok, for some reason i can't join the FreeDC team. Does anyone have any ideas.

In the config.txt all looks okay

I have 27 wu to bring in this run, ok i know it's not a lot.

:Pokes:

Digital Parasite
04-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Helix, did you set the team information when you ran nfsnetinit and before you started running the NFSNET client at all? Or did you edit the config.txt after the fact?

Either way, you can email join [at] nfsnet.org and ask them about it, they can probably update you manually on their end.

Jeff.

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Tried editing the config file, waited two days, no joy. Then deleted and started again, entering the info as it asked me, waited two days, no joy. Emailed join at nfsnet org, told it was being done, waited two days, no joy. Email admin again today, he (Paul Leyland) is looking at it again.

Was not sure if the fact that i had a (-) in the machine name and not a(_) was the cause so i changed that yesterday, no joy.

Not at all wound up over this, would like to get with the programme thats all.

I am sure i will get there in the end. :cheers:

Digital Parasite
04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
The way the NFSNET system works is that when you run the client for the first time (running nfsnetinit) it will register you with the server and send your info in config.txt. Modifying the config.txt after that will not update the info on the server end as it does not get sent again. But hopefully somebody on the other end will be able to manually do that for you.

Jeff.

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-30-2004, 03:26 AM
i have deleted the directory this morning, and started again. I think i may have been the length of my userid. I have changed it from Helix_Von_Smelix to Helix.
I will run a few "wu" this morning, and wait for the stats update.

:D

Xilman
04-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
Tried editing the config file, waited two days, no joy. Then deleted and started again, entering the info as it asked me, waited two days, no joy. Emailed join at nfsnet org, told it was being done, waited two days, no joy. Email admin again today, he (Paul Leyland) is looking at it again.

Was not sure if the fact that i had a (-) in the machine name and not a(_) was the cause so i changed that yesterday, no joy.

Not at all wound up over this, would like to get with the programme thats all.

I am sure i will get there in the end. :cheers:

I editted the database to make the requied changes, but they didn't take. Chatting with the guy who actually runs the stats machine yesterday revealed what I'd done wrong (so I learned something!) and he promised to do the job properly and let me know how it should be done. :o

Apologies for my incompetence. I'm not yet omniscient and omnipotent, but I'm working towards that goal.

Paul

Helix_Von_Smelix
04-30-2004, 06:14 AM
:cheers: :drums: :elephant: :bouncy: :elephant: :drums: :cheers: