PDA

View Full Version : _min.val is corrupt, missing or tampered wit

RandomCritterz
05-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Rather than have the information continue to be mixed in with other problems (this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=60558)), I've started a new _min.val thread.
Originally posted by Backwoodz
========================[ Apr 29, 2004 5:09 PM ]========================
Starting foldtrajlite built Apr 28 2004
Thu Apr 29 17:09:44 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4741} File .\3x2gqv42_0_3x2gqv42_protein_2_0000004_min.val is corrupt, missing or has been tampered with; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt
Thu Apr 29 17:09:44 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 5015} Error during upload: Data file checksum failed
--------------
Thanks guyz........It seemz to be ok again for now.
Originally posted by AMD_is_logical
It seems that the client can sometimes try to upload one more generation than it should. I got this after stopping the client by removing the .lock file. It had made the <handle>.....val file for that generation, but it had not yet made the <handle>.....min.val file. After uploading all complete generations with -ut, the client tried to upload this unfinished one, causing errors. When I restarted the client, it behaved normally, and didn't try to upload the unfinished generation.
Originally posted by deranged128[OCAU]
I ran across this same error on one instance on my dual MP2000. Every folded gen thereafter went through without comment in the error log. It wasn't after a large upload though, rather it had 3 buffered gens and seemed to try and upload one that was still W.I.P.And my own experience:

Fri Apr 30 12:08:18 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4741} File .\handle_3_handle_protein_13_0000059_min.val is corrupt, missing or has been tampered with; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt
Fri Apr 30 12:08:18 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 5015} Error during upload: Data file checksum failed

I think you're on to something there. In my case I wasn't running -ut, but had merely switched from -if to -it now that the servers are healthy. It had its error at the end of the big upload, continued folding, and has been fine since.I have a different box that folds for two hours -if, then dumps buffered gens -ut. It's had the same error once.

G_M_C
05-15-2004, 04:03 AM
When the server went down I foldit off-line for a bit, and this morning I started uploading the bufferd results. At the last gen (gen 112/112) i received the same error.

I investigated my error.log and fillist.txt and found out where the problem lies.

The last gen it tries to sent is actually the gen that is beeing worked on (the current generation). And since it isn't yet finished the error is produced.

The bug is indeed that is sents 1 gen too many i.e. the current generation.

The previous client did not have this problem, so maybe that comparing the current client to the prevous one might show the fault in the programm.

AMD_is_logical
05-15-2004, 09:29 AM
When uploads are going well, I never get this error.

I get the error when I do the following. I upload a number of gens with -ut, and the upload stops part way leaviing a receipt.txt file, then when my script tries again and finishes the upload, I get the error.

This is a guess (as I don't know how the program actually works). Perhaps the program counts the number of gens it needs to upload. If there is a receipt.txt file then this count will include the gen that has been uploaded but not acknowledged. The program then finds it doesn't have to upload that gen, but it neglects to decrement the count. The program will now try to upload one more generation than it has, producing the error message when it can't find the files for the extra gen.

RandomCritterz
05-16-2004, 01:10 AM
I've been playing around trying to recreate the error. No luck yet. It has shown up twice more in the last week, but not when I'm trying to cause it.

I'll have to try your method, AMD_is_logical.