PDA

View Full Version : RDRAM/Rambus 4 Sale...Cheap!!!

offamychain
05-05-2004, 03:40 PM
I have one P4 that uses PC800 RDRAM & I decided to give it a bit more tonight. I found, on Ebay, what I think is real good deals. If this works right, or wrong, I'll have 2 or 4 sticks of Non-ECC memory for sale, if anyone needs it.

The system currently has 2-256 sticks of Samsung ECC 800-45 in it. I bought a pair of unknown-brand 64Meg NON-ECC 800-45 & a pair of Gateway NON-ECC 800-45 (part#5000345) tonight.

I don't think that 2 of these NON-ECC's will work with the 2 ECC's, but I'm gonna try it & hope that I can fiddle around with the BIOS or something to turn the ECC off on the other memory. Whether that's possible is to be seen. (IF RUNNING BOTH TYPES WILL BLOW IT UP, SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME B4 I TRY! ! !)

Anyway, depending on the result, I'll have either 2 of these sticks 4 sale, or all 4. If a member needs them, I'll send them for my exact Ebay cost + my shipping. I gave $35 + $8 for each pair. I think that's cheap. My shipping shouldn't be but $5 or so.

So each pair will go for around $48. If neither pair will work with my 2 and you want both pair, I'll knock a few dollars off. I'll put all 4 at once in the board, minus my 2 registered ones, to make sure they're good B4 I send.

I should have them in a few days. Only reason I posted this early is I KNOW I'll be selling at least 2. If anyone needs them, let me know & we'll talk about it after I get them. If not, I'll just put'em right back on Ebay.

No worries.