PDA

View Full Version : new protein before monday morning

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 10:26 AM
at the rate we (the project) is cruising on this protein, we'll be making the next change over before monday moring, sometime sunday afternoon or evening is my guess

so get ready, hopefully the success rate of autoupdate.cfg will be higher again

i can't wait to see how slow the new protein will be :confused:

IronBits
04-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the heads-up!

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 11:29 AM
its really moving fast, i am guessing about 2-3pm EDT

CSMan
04-14-2002, 02:22 PM
New protein time! It's actually at 1,000,390,992 right now. :) Time to check the clients...

Is there a way to see if the client has switched over any other way than checking progress.txt? It's running as a service.

Paratima
04-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CSMan
Is there a way to see if the client has switched over any other way than checking progress.txt? It's running as a service. No. That's one of the finer points of running as a service; it's sorta like "almost not there".

Jammy
04-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Yes, my client stopped on my T-Bird and would not fire up on my 750. Also the team stats page is down.

I get this message from their homepage:

Server temporarily down while we change to a new protein. Please check back in an hour.

I received no email notice about this changeover . . .did anybody receive one?

Jammy

New protein time! It's actually at 1,000,390,992 right now. :) Time to check the clients...

Is there a way to see if the client has switched over any other way than checking progress.txt? It's running as a service.

Jammy
04-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Mine did not automatically changeover on my T-Bird! It just stopped and disappeared leaving a foldtrajlite.lock in the df folder!

I get this message now:

Checking for newer versions...
SERVER DOWN FOR PROTEIN CHANGEOVER, TRY AGAIN LATER

Please try again later. Press Enter

Jammy

Paratima
04-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Not yet, Jammy.

CSMan
04-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
No. That's one of the finer points of running as a service; it's sorta like "almost not there".

Well that's why I run it as a service. :p
I haven't had any problems with it not switching to new proteins by itself, it's just nice to be able to know since there might be a few bugs in the autoupdate still. Although it seems like all the clients running as a service autoupdate each time a-ok.

Jammy
04-14-2002, 03:19 PM
A new version of the Distributed Folding Project Client (1.05) is available
for download at http://www.distributedfolding.org/ You may download it
there, or simply run the client from a terminal and the "auto-update"
feature will download and install the update for you.

In fact I just received a second email telling me this info. I go to the site and see this:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

But my client will not fire up and the df website is still down!

Jammy

Paratima
04-14-2002, 03:22 PM
Cultivate patience. :cool:

Jammy
04-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Argggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jammy

p.s. I "am" the Ultimate Skeptic, ya know?

Cultivate patience. :cool:

jkeating
04-14-2002, 03:33 PM
New protein is 76 steps !!!

There seems to be a lot of cycling between steps, i.e. 35/36/35/36/35, etc.

Definitely slower

Paratima
04-14-2002, 03:48 PM
Lucky you, jkeating, to have all that information! Means you must have got thru to get updated. Was it automatic or manual? Most of my boxen have tried and not got there. :confused:

Jammy
04-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Neither have mine! I asked Colin is he would email me a copy of the new client.

Jammy

Lucky you, jkeating, to have all that information! Means you must have got thru to get updated. Was it automatic or manual? Most of my boxen have tried and not got there. :confused:

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 04:36 PM
mine are still doing 62's :(

i ftp'ed the file down and its still 62

Paratima
04-14-2002, 04:57 PM
Hear ye! Hear ye!

The update has been postponed 'till Moanday! Read about it here. (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=650)

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 05:00 PM
oops. yeah, i see that now

so, we are going to get "extra credit" for our 62's ?

ok

so why do Dyyr's stats still show everybody getting goose eggs? :confused:

i need my stats!! :cry:

Paratima
04-14-2002, 05:02 PM
FoBoT!

See my post to Jammy about 7 above your last. :D

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 05:15 PM
o, its ok now, the stats are working :|party|:

jkeating
04-14-2002, 07:51 PM
Lucky you, jkeating, to have all that information! Means you must have got thru to get updated. Was it automatic or manual? Most of my boxen have tried and not got there.

It was manual... now it looks like I'm sc#@*ed... flushed all of the old cache - figured we were changing, right? no need to keep all of these old structures, they're worthless - :bang:

When I realized I was updated and almost no one else was, I was seeing myself at the top of the best RMS stats... :|party|: Alas, it was not to be... :(

Oh well, it was only one boxen... I'll let the wife run GAH on it for a bit.