PDA

View Full Version : Eon

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-09-2004, 05:11 AM
From looking at the threads and posts regarding EON, no one seems to know if the server is running correctly. So, why are we running a gauntlet starting Monday/Tuesday night??:Pokes:

PCZ
05-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Helix

The EON server is behaving normally.

What happens is that the admin has to regularly load the server up with new WU's.
If the server runs out over a weekend then we have to wait until monday.

It is not a bad thing because your secondary project then kicks in so no cycles are lost.

Since you asked why we are going to gauntlet on EON I will say it again:

We wan't to overtake US Distributed.

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Thats ok. So the gauntlet only runs weekdays? yeah, i know the down time is the same for everyone. If this gauntlet takes off someone should ask the EON team to load up the server, as come saturday morning we will run out of work.

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Okay, so the server is still down. When i asked why we were doing the gauntlet with EON, it was not questioning the fact that we want to get in front of US-D. It was why on a project where the server is on its arse three days or more a week.

Bok
05-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Well, it's usually only down for a few hours. I've got an email into the project admin asking about

1. Getting the server up and running

2. Proxy problems

3. sudo access so I can kickstart the server for him if it goes down.

Bok

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
This is just a plot by the colonials to get a head start. You are going to suddenly get the EON server up and running after sleepy bye bye's time for us Imperials. There by gaining a 6 hour++ head start. You have been found out, so come clean and admit it.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :weggy: :weggy:

Paratima
05-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Who, us? :D :D :D

Bok
05-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Would I do anything sneaky like that...... :moon:

Especially when I'm on the Imperials side :jester:

No reply as of yet though :(

Bok

PCZ
05-11-2004, 12:26 AM
My EON clients have woken up :)

Has the gauntlet started yet ?
Where's the stats ?

IronBits
05-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Actually, if I had start and finish date/times, I could add it to the calendar :p :)