PDA

View Full Version : Protein update postponed until tomorrow

Brian the Fist
04-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Due to technical difficulties (our fault) the protein will not be updated until tomorrow (Monday) around noon EST. This is to ensure everyone's auto-update updates successfully.

If you managed to grab a new copy of the client in the brief time it was online, please just go back to the old one for now (do not try to use it, even after we change proteins, or it will cause problems in future updates - please stick with the old protein for now) and it should auto-update fine tomorrow.

I have reverted everything back to 1SHG (the 58-residue) protein in the meantime so you can keep crunching away on that one, beyond 1 billion structures, for the time being.

Thank You.

quantum_mechanic
04-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
I have reverted everything back to 1SHG (the 58-residue) protein in the meantime so you can keep crunching away on that one, beyond 1 billion structures, for the time being.

You mean the 62 residue protein right? :)

rhialto
04-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Thank you! Otherwise it would be the third time that 2.2GHz is folding off-line for a weekend for nothing.
People who have computers folding at work can't reach their computers in the weekend.
So I propose: No more transitions to a new protein outside of working hours ;)

Paratima
04-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Fifty-eight, sixty-two...so who's counting, already? :D Yes, quantum_mechanic, 1SHG is the one we all were working on.

Curious: Don't you have to have like really little teensy screwdrivers and wrenches and stuff to be a quantum mechanic?

Gunslinger
04-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rhialto
Thank you! Otherwise it would be the third time that 2.2GHz is folding off-line for a weekend for nothing.
People who have computers folding at work can't reach their computers in the weekend.
So I propose: No more transitions to a new protein outside of working hours ;)

Whose working hours?
It is about half-past nine in the evening here at the moment!

Jammy
04-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Ah heck! And mine is doing a "62" protein. Where do I find this "58" protein?

Jammy

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
Due to technical difficulties (our fault) the protein will not be updated until tomorrow (Monday) around noon EST. This is to ensure everyone's auto-update updates successfully.

~snip~

Thank You.

Paratima
04-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Howard! Your stats page needs an overflowing thermometer. :p

Brian the Fist
04-14-2002, 05:07 PM
:rotfl: Shheesh, yes, it was 62, not 58. Some other SH3 domains are 58, like 1SEM, that's where that came from. The correct length is 62 as it was all week.

rhialto
04-14-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Gunslinger

Whose working hours?
It is about half-past nine in the evening here at the moment!

Okay, I meant not in the weekend. For the time difference the best would be Tuesday-Thursday CET. Then noone gets an update in the weekend.