PDA

View Full Version : Vote on which icon to use in md5GUI

Digital Parasite
05-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I need some help deciding which icon for md5GUI looks the best. Number 7 below is the current icon used by md5GUI. Silicon from Ars Technica was nice enough to make me an icon as well (#1) and then I made several modifications to it (#2-6).

Please vote which one you think looks best. The screen shots below were taken with the default colour scheme of Windows XP.

Icons:
http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/md5GUI/md5GUIicons.jpg

Thanks,
Jeff.

Digital Parasite
05-14-2004, 02:09 PM
We only have 14 votes so far with 80+ views. Is that all the people we have in the MD5CRK forums?

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
I would say, with the experience of my wife and daughter, that some people can’t make their minds up straight away. Maybe if the colours matched something else in the MD5crk line a decision would be forthcoming. Just to help the other 50% of the population.

:D

alpha
05-15-2004, 07:16 AM
Jeff, I like number 5 because it captures the whole idea, and is the most readable of that design. However, I also like your original icon (number 7) because it is simple and easy to read.

To summarise, I haven't voted because I like both 5 and 7 :)

Mystwalker
05-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by alpha
Jeff, I like number 5 because it captures the whole idea, and is the most readable of that design.

Ah, the line is supposed to show the Pollard Lambda algorithm? Now I get it. :blush:

Digital Parasite
05-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mystwalker
Ah, the line is supposed to show the Pollard Lambda algorithm? Now I get it. :blush:

Hehe, well that was not my intention. ;) The line(s) are supposed to be cracks, ie: MD5CRK.

But you can't do much in a 16x16 pixel space.

Jeff.

Mystwalker
05-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
Hehe, well that was not my intention. ;) The line(s) are supposed to be cracks, ie: MD5CRK.

Ok, that's another explanation. :D