PDA

View Full Version : anybody running THINK?

FoBoT
04-14-2002, 07:59 PM
anybody here running this?

are the rumors that its going away true or not?

i guess i'll put my celeron 600 at work back onto this, during the SETI gauntlet, it took about two days per SETI unit :eek:

Paratima
04-14-2002, 08:43 PM
I ran it a bunch, before I discovered DC-Free and migrated into DF. Very stable client. Doesn't need fast machines. There are ALWAYS rumors about it. I just ignored 'em and crunched.

Might even go back to it, if I get tired of DF. (Not yet, though! :cool: )

Supp
04-15-2002, 08:10 AM
THINKing on 3 machines, Par is right - still rumors, still running...

FoBoT
05-13-2002, 05:24 PM
hello?

is b12345w around?

how many pc's you running THINK on?

Supp
05-13-2002, 06:18 PM
About rumors: UD/NFCR's project's supposed to run AT LEAST another month (till end of May) ... after that we'll see.

THINK (author of THINK :smoking: ) has started another project (alpha phase now) that should replace UD after it ends.

It's web's at Find-a-drug.com (http://www.find-a-drug.com)

We'll see....

Paratima
05-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Supp
... after that we'll see. Hey, Supp. If you want to come back to DF, we saved your place! :cool:

Well, sort of. As in very nearly. If you don't mind a shifting kind of place. That is, one that has sort of slipped a bit. Hey, it's almost the same place. I mean, at least it's on the same board as before. All the same folks. Well, plus a new face. Or two. :D

Supp
05-13-2002, 10:05 PM
I'm now commited in Eccp - I'll be doing my high school leaving exams next Tuesday and ECCp has so stable and unproblematic client :smoking:
will contributed some comps to DF soon after I regain my counsciousness (week long celebrations and such, Y'know...)

Paratima
05-13-2002, 10:10 PM
Been there, done that, had a ball. Have a ball! :D

Moogie
05-13-2002, 11:36 PM
OK..this shows you how much I need to learn here. I always thought THINK was IBMs official motto. You know, let the computer do the thinking for you so you don't have to.

Sorry...just like to learn about stuff. What exactly is THINK?

FoBoT
05-13-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Moogie
What exactly is THINK?

a DC project originally to find cancer drugs
here (http://members.ud.com/about/)

A landmark research project has begun that allows people to make a real difference in the fight against cancer.

The Intel-United Devices Cancer Research Project is asking you to volunteer your PC to help process molecular research being conducted by the Department of Chemistry at the University of Oxford in England and the National Foundation for Cancer Research. To participate, you simply download a very small, no cost, non-invasive software program that works like a screensaver: it runs when your computer isn't being used, and processes research until you need your machine. Your computer never leaves your desk, and the project never interrupts your usual PC use.

Moogie
05-14-2002, 01:22 AM
Ok thanks. For some reason I seem to have missed that one. Thanks for the info.

Tax Bracket
05-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Gang,

Is there any way of merging two users in THINK.

Managed to find my old account from a while ago and want to merge into the new account.

Not a hugh number of results but they all count, don't they...

:confused: